Punta Gallinas is dunes and desert area in the department of La Guajira.
Punta Gallinas is the most northern point of Colombia and South America. Beautiful dunes, desert, exotic beaches and sacred indigenous cultures, Punta Gallinas has a lot to offer. The photos are nothing to what you really feel in this place. Maybe you can not just tell your friends. People will believe you were not there. Punta Gallinas is considered one of the most exotic destinations in Colombia. It is inhabited mostly by indigenous Wayuu. It's a myth that people are Wayuu dangerous, are rather curious and generous. Its people are strong and vigorous, strong-willed. People are exotic and full of passion. The official language is Wayuunaiki Wayuu. La Guajira is Wajiira
The climate is the driest of all Colombia. The rainy season is between September and December. The temperature is between 27 ° and 32 °. The maximum temperature is 45 ° in the desert and minimum 3 ° in the mountains. In the rainy season, you may need to take a three hour boat from Puerto Bolivar to get to Punta Gallinas.
- Dunas de Taroa. Deserted 60 meter high sand dunes sloping down into the turquoise ocean with an almost endless beach that makes you want to run down the dunes at full speed.
- Bahia hondita. This bay with turquoise water, green mangrove forests and red and yellow cliffs and beaches is a highlight of the any trip to Punta Gallinas.
- Playa Aguja. A nice but windy beach to escape the desert heat.
- Faro Punta Gallinas. The most northern lighthouse of South America is famous for its spectacular sunsets.
- Hospedaje y Restaurant Luz Mila, ☎ +57 85215005, e-mail: email@example.com. The only real accommodation at the northern strip of the Punta Gallinas which is spectacularly set surrounded by sea on a small peninsula. The Hospedaje Luz Mila has a block of basic rooms or hammocks and serve good food, of corse mainly fish. Most tours will end up in the accommodation. hammocks 15,000 COP per person.