Pueblo is a city in Colorado. It is overshadowed by Denver and Colorado Springs to the north, but with a population of over 100,000, is a fair-sized community in its own right, and is a gateway to Colorado's high country for travelers coming from the southeast.
Pueblo is located on Interstate Highway 25, about 45 miles south of Colorado Springs, 120 miles south of Denver, and 100 miles north of the New Mexico border. US Route 50 connects Pueblo to points east and west.
The City Of Pueblo Transit is the city's bus operator. Fares are $1.00 for one-way & $3.00 for a day pass.
- Buell Children’s Museum, 210 N Santa Fe Ave., ☎ +1 719 295-7200. The nation’s No. 2 ranked Children’s Art Museum, according to Child Magazine, is here in Pueblo. This 12,000-square-foot, two-level facility offers innovative, hands-on exhibits focusing on the arts, science and history for people ages one to 101.
- Pueblo Symphony Orchestra, 301 N. Main St. Suite 102 Pueblo Colorado, 81003, ☎ +1 719-545-7967. The Pueblo Symphony orchestra presents a six-concert season of eclectic programs appealing to many different tastes.
- Bishop Castle, 982 Highway 165. This destination is worth a look. It is an iron and stone castle being built in the Medieval style.
- Pueblo Plaza Ice Arena, 100 North Grand Ave, ☎ +1 719 553-2735. The only permanent indoor ice rink in Pueblo. Figure skating and hockey classes and sessions, as well as open public skating, are available.
- Steelworks Museum of Industry and Culture, 215 Canal St (Central exit off I-25. Go two blocks south on E. Abriendo to Canal Street. Turn east.), ☎ +1 719-564-9086. 10AM-4PM. Steelworks Museum is located in the National Registered CF&I Medical Dispensary part of CF&I office complex. Exhibits include timeline of the Colorado Fuel and Iron Company from 1872 to 1993, the story of steel, mineral and gem collection, life in a mining camp, a working nail machine and the mine rescue car. $5 adults.
- Pueblo Mall, 3429 Dillon Dr, ☎ +1 719 543-1114. Mon-Fri: 10AM-9PM, Sat: 10AM-7PM, Sun: 11AM-6PM. Opened in 1976, Pueblo Mall is strategically located at the intersection of Interstate 25 and Colorado State Route 47. As Pueblo's only enclosed shopping center, Pueblo Mall's premier location provides high visibility and easy access for the community. The mall's anchor tenants are Dillard's, Sears, JCPenney, and Sports Authority.
- La Renaissance, 217 East Routt Ave, ☎ +1 719 543-6367. 5PM-9PM. Housed in a former church built in 1886.
- Pantry Restaurant, 1/2 E Abriendo Ave 107, ☎ +1 719 543-8072. Traditional food with amazing green chili.
- Tian Jin, 3400 W Northern Ave, ☎ +1 719 560-0903. If you are craving Chinese food, this is the place to go.
- Big Daddy's Sports Bar and Billiards, 4111 Club Manor Dr, ☎ +1 719 546-3636.
- SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, 150 South Sante Fe Ave, ☎ +1 719 546-1234. Luxury hotel downtown.
- Bishop Castle, 12705 State Highway 165, in the village of Rye, 719 485 3040. A quirky one-man construction project in progress since 1971, open to visitors during daylight hours year-round. The structure features, among other things, a 160-foot-tall tower, a dragon-shaped chimney, and a ballroom. Donations appreciated.
|Routes through Pueblo|
|Denver ← Colorado Springs ←||N S||→ Trinidad → Santa Fe/Clayton|
|Grand Junction ← Cañon City ←||W E||→ La Junta → Dodge City|