Pozzallo is a city in Southern Sicily.
- Ferry to Valletta in Malta runs to the Port at the Western end of town a twenty minute walk from the city centre about 3km from Piazza della Rimenbranza. The service is run by Virtu Ferries. The Catamaran takes 90 mins. A brief note, as with all Catamaran services, even on calm days the crossing can be choppy.
- Busses stop on Piazza della Rimenbranza on Corso Vittorio Vento. AST Busses top here on the Syracuse to Ragusa route. It should cost about €4.50 to each of these terminus.
- Trains depart infrequently from the Station, located at the end of Via Giuseppe Mazzini about 10 mins from Piazza della Rimenbranza. The Station looks derelict and is free from any amenities.
- Taxi service with booking for Pozzallo port for transfers and Excursions in Sicily e mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
the transfer private from Pozzallo to Ragusa, the price euros 45,00 - from Pozzallo to Catania euros 160,00 - from Pozzallo to Milazzo price euros 240,00.
- Arriving to Pozzallo on Sunday, from Catania or Ragussa, to catch the ferry to Malta, could be challenging, because of the reduced frequency of buses that operates on Sunday. A taxi drive from Ragussa to Pozzallo should cost about €50.
- There is a Taxi rank on Piazza della Rimenbranza. It is currently blocked in and free of taxis.
Taxis also meet the ferries from Malta
The Chauffeurs-italy.com is a car rental with driver and Taxi services company based in Ragusa and Pozzallo port for Transfers and Excursions in Siracuse, Noto, Modica, Ragusa, Taormina and Etna Vulcan. E mail: email@example.com
Many if not most tourists who find themselves in Pozzallo will be there to catch the Malta ferry. Nevertheless there are many worse places to while away a few hours, and Pozzallo has two attractive beaches, a smattering of historical sights and some decent restaurants. In common with much of Sicily, very little is open in the afternoon.
Points of interest include:
- The Churches
- The Cabrera Tower the Cabrera Tower, become at present National Monument besides coat of arms and symbol of the town, it is washed to sea and can be admired from a walkway that runs and allows a broader vision.
- The Villa Tedeschi built the first of 900, the summer residence of the Marquis
- The Beach. Every year since the 2002 Pozzallo has received the Blue Flag, awarded to only the cleanest and the most equipped beaches of Italy. In summer, the beautiful free beaches are accessible to all, are equipped with bathing facilities, kiosks, showers and other services.
- Villa Ada Hotel, ☎ +39 0932 954022, fax: +39 0932 954876, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Corso Vittorio Veneto, 3 is a centrally located three star hotel. The well furnished rooms cost €38-75 single €55-105 double. It also has a nice restaurant.
- Hotel Continental, ☎ +39 0932 958858, fax: +39 0932 797756, e-mail: email@example.com. Has three stars and is rooms range from €40-€60 single €70-€90 double.
- Bed and Breakfast Brezza Marina ***" address="Via Marco Polo 2,Pozzallo" directions="Felice" phone="+393333195454-+39/0932955432" url="http://www.brezzamarinapozzallo.it" lat="36.72584" long="14.837393"> A three star Bed & Breakfast situated a stone's throw from the sea and only about 500 metres from the port.
The rooms have aircon, balconies, tv, iron & ironing Board, fridge, hair-dryer and bathroom
The prices(2009) per night per person: MIN 25,00 euro, MAX 50,00 euro. The well furnished rooms cost €30-50 single €50-100 double. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.brezzamarinapozzallo.it Cell:+39/3333195454-Tel:+39/0932955432</sleep>
- Noto Near Pozzallo a few kilometers you can visit the Baroque of Val di Noto and its area Iblea Patrimony of UNESCO like Ragusa, Modica called the city of one hundred churches, Scicli (where was filmed the television series "CommissarioMontalbano" and "Castle of Donnafugata," Where was shot the film "The Gattopardo".
- For nature lovers can visit the “Natural Reserve Macchia Forest River Irminio" in which is situated near the archaeological area of Kamarina, Greek colony founded in 598 BC from Syracuse, the Archaeological Museum of Kamarina which preserves the archaeological finds from the city, from the necropolis of Kamarina and the neighboring territory.
- Iblea The province is rich in history, culture and traditions
- There is a particularly well-organized tourist trade with the island of Malta with a daily service to and from the island of the Knights via catamaran lasting an hour and a half.