Port de Pollenca
Port de Pollenca is a town near Pollenca and a quiet and incredibly spanish town, although there are package holiday tours there.
- Nofrills Excursions, Paseo Saralegui, 112, ☎ +34 971 890 766. Nofrills Excursions has been in business for over 8 years. They offer sightseeing excursions, boat trips, water park trips and other tours. They operate on the north area and they also have a shuttle service.
The long beach at Port de Pollenca is one of the main attractions, the other tourist hubs are the village square by the main church and the pine walk.
- Walk on the sea wall (heading north from the harbour)
- Bike on the sea wall (heading south from the harbour)
There is a very good market every Wednesday in the main square and stretching out into the side streets. During the summer this includes souvenirs etc. and in the winter is predominantly fresh food and textiles, clothing etc.
- Los Faroles, Passeig Saralegui 46 (on sea wall in front of the harbour), ☎ +34 971 866 863. Very good fresh fish. May-be not as fancy as other adresses but excellent food. Attracts the local people, which is a good reference. Two-courses meal with wine €30.
When it comes to choosing accommodation in Puerto Pollensa you are literally spoilt for choice. Depending on your budget there are hotels and apartments to suit everyone.
- Illa D'or Hotel. This is at the luxury end of the scale. Nestled at the end of the Pine Walk, great views over the bay.
- Miramar Hotel. This is another high quality hotel with views overlooking the bay.
As well as hotels, this area of Mallorca has the largest number of apartments and villas available to rent. Villas with pools tend to be sited in the countryside and hills between the Port and Pollenca town. For those who wish to be close to the sea, there are many apartment blocks with communal pools and a small number of select villas and apartments directly on the renown Pine Walk mainly without pools but unnecessary as the sea is on your doorstep!