Pomona is in the San Gabriel Valley, near Los Angeles, California.
- Pomona Fairplex, 1101 W. McKinley Ave, ☎ +1 909 623-3711, fax: +1 909 865-3602. Host to the annual Los Angeles County Fair in September, as well as various events throughout the year such as the NHRA Drag Racing Winter Nationals in November.
- Pomona Arts Colony, 2nd St (between Parcels Street and Garey Avenue).
- Farm Store at Kellogg Ranch, 4102 S. University Dr (Turn on to University Dr. from W. Temple Ave.), ☎ +1 909 869-4906. Daily from 10AM—6PM. Very popular rest stop among foodies traveling though the Pomona Valley region. Located on the outskirts of Cal Poly Pomona, the store is a short distance (less than 5 minutes) from the freeway exit. This store sells fruits and vegetables grown by the College of Agriculture at the university. Also available: honey from a tap, meats, cheeses, and other food products that you would not find in your typical big chain supermarket.
- Guasalmex Restaurant, 150 West Holt Ave. Serving inexpensive Mexican, Salvadoran, and Guatemalan food in a casual environment.
- Shilo Inn, 3200 Temple Ave. The economy hotel. The sister hotel is located just up the street.