Pinehurst is convenient to Raleigh, Greensboro and Fayetteville airports, roughly an hour by car to each. The Charlotte airport is also an alternative but is less convenient. Pinehurst Resort offers shuttle service to and from RDU for its guests.
Pinehurst is also served by the Moore County Airport which currently has no comercial service but does accommodate private aircraft.
Guests of the resort are offered shuttle service throughout the Pinehurst area, both on or off of the Resort. There is no public transportation and cab service must be prearranged.
Pinehurst is best known for its golf. One of the golf courses that is a definite need to see is the famous Golf Course Number 2. Number Two has held the US Open twice and will hold it again in 2014. Stretching 7,335 yards at Par 72, this championship golf course is very green and relatively flat, with tall pines on every hole. It is one of eight wonderful courses making up the world famous Pinehurst Resort. Also located in the Pinehurst area is the Pine Needles Golf course which has held the Women's US Open three times. Both courses are rated by Golf Digest as two of the top 50 public courses in America. Next to golf, horses are a popular activity in Pinehurst with harness track and many horse farms. There is also Tufts Archives, which is a specialty museum, and Sandhills Horticultural Gardens. The famous Seagrove potteries are nearby with hundreds of potters offering their wares.
Play golf, and tennis at some of the finest facilities in the country. Visit museums and gardens, or even stop by to watch a steeple chase or a horse race. The Pinehurst area offers many specialty shopping opportunities for custom jewelry, clothing, golf art, and area crafts.
- Carolina Dining Room
- Dougans Pub
- 1895 Room
- Theo's Taverna
- Chef Warren's
- Ironwood Cafe
- Elliot's on Linden
- El Vaquero for their daily All-you-can-eat buffet
- El Chapala for their daily All-you-can-eat buffet
- Vito's for their excellent NY style pizza
- Smithfield BBQ for their great eastern NC BBQ
- Chuck Wagon in Carthage for their low-key excellent $1 BBQ sandwiches
- Jefferson Inn with live music
- SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines, 10024 US Highway 15/501.
- Comfort Inn
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
- Pinehurst Resort & Country Club, 1 Carolina Vista Drive, ☎ +1 910-235-8507, toll-free: +1-800-ITS-GOLF (487-4653). This luxury resort is best known for its golf courses and golf academy. In addition to golf, this resort provides a relaxing spa, dining, and recreational activities that everyone will enjoy. Other features include state-of-the-art conference and meeting facilities.
- SpringHill Suites Pinehurst
- The Pine Crest Inn
- Foxfire Golf and Country Club
|Routes through Pinehurst|
|Durham ← Sanford ←||N S||→ Southern Pines → Walterboro|
|Durham ← Sanford ←||N S||→ Southern Pines → Myrtle Beach|