Pforzheim is known as the "Gateway to Black Forest" or "Goldstadt" (Gold town) for its jewellery and watch-making industries. It is one of the main cities in Baden-Württemberg and lies on the north edge of the Black Forest between Karlsruhe and Stuttgart. Pforzheim is a town of 115,000 inhabitants. It is a beautiful city, but the city itself does not have too many places to visit. It is a good place to go exploring if you have a sense of adventure. There is a lot of architecture from the early 1900s.
The closest major airport is Stuttgart.
The VPE provide services around the region.
Deutsche Bahn has direct connections from Karlsruhe and Stuttgart.
As well as bus and Stadtbahn
- Taxi-Funk-Zentrale Pforzheim e.V., Güterbahnhof 11, ☎ +49 7231 13 99 99. day & night on the road.
- Call and night taxi (Fruehtaxi & Nachttaxi), ☎ +49 7231 39 2288.
- Minicar, ☎ +49 7231 44 44 44.
- Jewellery museum, Jahnstraße 42.
- Rail museum (Museum im Bahnhof Weißenstein), Belremstraße 74.
- Gasometer, Hohwiesenweg 6. large 360 degree photo exhibition
Pforzheim has a variety of restaurants. There are restaurants with oriental food and restaurants with food from the Pforzheim area. One of the traditional meals is Spaezle. It is a type of egg noodle, made by hand. Normally it is eaten with some type of cheese sauce.
- Landgasthof Seehaus Pforzheim, Tiefenbronner Straße 201, ☎ +49 7231 651185. This restaurant is in the forest, by a babbling brook and is frequented by local residents, university students and professionals from the area. The menu varies by seasonal offerings while other dishes are quite palatable. During the warmer months, the outdoor veranda is filled with clients enjoying their meals and strolling by the brook. Not to be missed when traveling through the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) area.
- Dinkelacker Pilsstuben, Östliche Karl-Friedrich-Str. 65, ☎ +49 7231 32990.
- Goldener Bock, Ebersteinstr. 1, ☎ +49 7231 105123.
- Jugendherberge Pforzheim-Dillweißenstein, Kräheneckstr. 4, ☎ +49 7231 972660.
- Parkhotel Pforzheim, Deimlingstraße 32-36, ☎ +49 7231 161-0.
- Best Western Queens Hotel Pforzheim-Niefern, Pforzheimer Straße 52, ☎ +49 7233-70990.
- Bertha Benz Memorial Route - Follow the tracks of the world's first automobile journey back in 1888 (Mannheim - Pforzheim - Mannheim)
- Kloster Maulbronn, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Black Forest