Perast is a city in Montenegro.
This is a small quiet town with a population of less than 400 where you can escape Montenegro's the busier seaside resorts such as Kotor and Budva and enjoy a couple of leisurely hours strolling through the streets, and visiting a few museums and churches. It has a beautiful view towards the peaks around Kotor and from here you can go to the small island in the bay situating a small monastery.
Reachable by bus and car from Kotor (15 min drive).
Public minibuses will drop you off at the main road between Kotor to the south and Risan, later Herceg Novi to the north. Just look for the Blue Line buses, which cost only €1 per ride. As of September 2014, the Blue Line buses picked up passengers in Perast,heading towards Kotor, every hour on the half-hour (09:30; 10:30; 11:30 etc.) until 22:30. There is a small bus stop located directly across from the city square. To ensure the bus stops, it is advised to wave it down. Otherwise, the bus will not always stop.
There are also several open tourist buses driving along the coast after the hop-on hop-off principle. It stops here as well.
Several boat trips from Kotor and Budva takes you through the bay and sets you off at the small island church of Our Lady of the Rock. Here you have a view towards Perast town itself and the surrounding bay area. These boat trips are found many places along the beaches of Kotor and Budva.
Walking from one end to another is a mere 15-20 min stroll, so no other options than that are really necessary.
- The two local islands. St. George island and Gospa od Škrpjela (Our Lady of the Rock). You can catch water taxis from €5 for a return ticket from the water front. Just look out for the sandwich boards.
Perast doesn't have sandy beaches, however does have stone beaches at both north and south end of the Place, close to its public parkings. You can sunbathe there on the numerous small stone and concrete docks jutting out into the sea.
Eat / Drink
- Konoba Milinovic, near the Boka Bay Bed & Breakfast.
- Cafe Dardin, near the city square. Serves excellent comfort food (e.g. pizza) and has great service. Accepts Mastercard.
- Conte Nautilus. Open air restaurant with extensive wine list at the Hotel Conte.
- Amfora Hotel, close to city center of Perast, ☎ +382 (0) 32 305 857, fax: +382 (0) 32 305 852. Check-in: 24h, check-out: 12h. 4 Star Hotel with private beach, sauna and fish restaurant. Open 24 hours and all 365 days a year. It is located direct at the beach Orahovac. Very quite cosy rooms with seaview overlooking Fjord of Kotor From €30 to €99.
- Boka Bay Bed & Breakfast. Two apartments with kitchenettes above family home
- Hotel Conte. Upper end apartment rooms
- Palace Jelena, ☎ +382/32/373-549. Very beautiful, and reasonably price hotel located right on the bay. The hotel is part of a restaurant building. Therefore, any hotel related questions (e.g. when is check out?) must be asked to the servers in the restaurant. It can be a little confusing because not all servers know the answer to hotel questions. Otherwise, the hotel is a pleasant experience. All rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi, but it can come and go at times. Mastercard is accepted. Room prices during 2014 can be found here: http://www.palacejelena-perast.com/index.php/prices-list.
- Bluemarine Perast - Rooms & Apartments (Apartments Gudco) (100 meters walk from Perast Museum direction Kotor), ☎ +382 679 242 126, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00 to 22:00, check-out: 07:00 to 11:00. One fully equipped Studio with terrace & two double rooms with sea view. from €25 to €85.