Parikia is the capital and the main port of Paros island.
Church of Panagia Ekatontapiliani, (Church of 100 doors, very close to the harbour) a 4th century monument, rebuilt after the earthquake of 1773. The original church was built by St. Helen, the mother of St. Constantine, according to the legend. The old town of Parikia is considered to be the biggest in the Cyclades. You will find alleys untouched from the touristic wave that reduces the beauty of these settlements.
The Jazz Bar on Market St serves a great Martini.
The Pirates bar in the narrow roads of the Market plays the best jazz music and offers a great lounge environment.
Alexandros Cafe is a unique cafe in an old windmill with a view of Parikia and the sunset.
Marina Cafe, close to the ferry quay and opposite the yacht marina, serves good coffee and even better breakfasts.
Sativa Bar, cool, quirky bar with lovely courtyard.
- Apollon Hotel Paros, ☎ +30 694-8590908. Check-in: 12.00, check-out: 12.00. 3-star hotel with 23 rooms. Traditional Cycladic style villas with panoramic views of the sea, the bay of Parikia and the surrounding islands. €20.
- Argonauta Hotel, ☎ +30 22840 21440, +30 22840 22278, fax: +30 22840 23442. A family-run hotel in a characterful building on a quiet square.
- Oasis Hotel Paros (Opposite the port of Parikia), ☎ +30 22840 21227, e-mail: email@example.com. Offers comfortable accommodation with rooms overlooking the sea and next to Ekatondapiliani.
- Polos Hotel Paros (50 m from Livadia Beach), ☎ +30 22840 22173, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Provides rooms with pool view, garden and pool bar.
- Panos Studios (500m from the port), ☎ +30 22840 21130, e-mail: email@example.com. Studios for holiday accommodation, for 2-4 guests, offering balconies with a view to village or sea & sunset, air con, TV, WiFi and cooking facilities.
- Sofia Pension Hotel, ☎ +30 22840 22085. Check-in: 12:30 PM, check-out: 11:30 AM. 4-star hotel, offers double and triple rooms with private balcony or veranda with a garden view. €70-120.
- Sunset View Hotel, Parikia, Paros, ☎ +30 22840 24285, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Family hotel, built amphitheatrically above the town, in a unique traditional island style.
Be aware of rental scams, especially with agencies working only with motorbikes and ATVs. Using these types of vehicles is very common on Paros and there are a lot of rental agencies. Some of them are ready to cheat. They will offer faulty motorbikes or ATVs for a lower price, but in case of accident they will demand that the customer pay for the whole cost of damage. They are offering only basic insurance but will present it like full insurance. Also, there is a big possibility of serious injuries.
It is possible to recognize these rental agencies by observing them aggressively attracting tourists and offering lower prices than others. Employees in front of these type of agencies will be loud and ready to promise everything until the contract is signed. It is necessary to check the vehicle before making any decision. Their vehicles are in most of the cases dusty, dirty and look old.