Panglao is an island in the island province of Bohol.
A taxi from the airport or ferry terminal will cost around ₱500, whilst the amazing local tuk tuks will set you back around ₱300, the latter is the most enjoyable of rides and takes about 25-30 min.
Panglao is famous for its world class diving locations and is home to numerous tourist resorts.
Panglao is visited by tourists for the pristine Alona Beach, from where tours can be organised to world famous diving sites.
Hinagdanan cave - there is a tiny lagoon inside a coral cave. Enjoy a dip in a fresh water. The cave is completely dark, the guides have a flashlight. The admission is around ₱20. To get here, you can take a bus or mini van towards Panglao island from Tagbilaran. If you tell them you are going to Hinagdanan cave, they will know what intersection to drop you off at.
Dolphin watching - boats leave from Alona beach at dawn and will take you to see dolphins having their morning exercise. It is important to book your boat a day ahead of time because the dolphins appear quite early.
Massages are available on the beach. ₱350 for an hour Swedish massage.
- Pata Negra Alona Beach Dive Center Resort, Alona Beach, ☎ +63 9293550016, e-mail: email@example.com. Padi Dive center Resort, providing dive courses and daily trips to Balicasag, Pamilacan, Cabilao and Bohol. Scuba guides with more than 3.000 dives. New Aqualung scuba equipment. Resort and acomodation included.
- Piratas Alona Dive Center, Alona Beach (Turn left at the beach, walk 500m.), ☎ +63 948 747 9395, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 8am-9pm. Their PADI MSDT instructors teach students from beginners to professionals, plus specialty courses. They also do daily fun dives, dive trips to Balicasag, Pamilacan and Cabilao islands. They have brand new Cressi equipment.
- Reef Seekers Alona Beach Dive Center, Alona Beach, ☎ +63 9497330930, e-mail: email@example.com. Padi Dive center, providing dive courses and daily trips to Balicasag and Pamilacan scuba diving. Aqualung partner center.
Panglao has some small souvenirs that you may want to get but if you want to get something memorable, yet short lived, try the fish, some of the best in the Philippines, the bars and restaurants along the beach are home to it all.
- Pyramid Bar and Restaurant. It is an al fresco restaurant along Alona Beach. Aside from fresh seafood catch, the restaurant serves other varieties like sandwiches, pasta, noodles, chili chicken, beef teriyaki and pork cordon bleu. The bar serves fresh fruit juices, carbonated drinks, beer, wine and cocktails. At night, torches complete the tropical dining atmosphere.
- Trudi's. Trudi's on the beach is relatively cheap and quite good.
- Amarela Resort, Barangay Libaong, ☎ +63 38 502-9497 to 99 (Bohol)+63 2 911-5203 (Manila Office). , Amarela Resort is a Mediterranean-style villa built on top of a gentle slope. The restaurant has a spectacular view of the mountains and the sea. It has a swimming pool and a well manicured flower garden with steps leading down towards the beach. Because there are no other resorts nearby, the beach is clean and exclusive. Starfish and other marine life can be easily spotted along the shallow waters. This resort is a quiet alternative to the usually busy Alona Beach.
- Bita-Ug Beach Resort, Daorong, Danao, ☎ +63 38 502-8106, +63 919 225 9935, +63 922 865 0162, +63 927 435 6709, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Bita-ug Beach Resort offers air-conditioned cottages in a unique native design. 1600.
- Bohol Vantage Resort, 1, Panorama St, Barangay Mayacabac, Dauis, ☎ +63 38 502-3106, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. This resort is located at a calm place on Dayo Hill with a magnificent 210-degree panoramic view overlooking Bohol and the islands of the Central Visayas. The newly built resort offers 6 apartments and 8 hotel rooms. The apartments are about 65-90m² large and include a very spacious roofed terrace, air-con, kitchen with refrigerator and cooking facilities, cable-TV, DVD-Player, free Internet-access and safety deposit box. The hotel rooms are about 44m² large and have refrigerator, cable-TV, DVD-Player, free Internet-access and safety deposit box.
- Isola Bella Beach Resort, Lagitan, Poblacion, ☎ +63 38 416-0781, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Isola Bella Beach Besort is a place to rest and relax. Luxury air-con rooms, cable TV, personal ref, hot and cold shower, spacious CR, all rooms facing swimming pool. Extra bed available, parking space, free coffee, free breakfast and free round trip to Virgin Island which is 15min boat drive far.
- Linaw Beach Resort, 9999 Daorong, Danao, ☎ +63 38 502-9345, e-mail: email@example.com. One of the newest beach resorts situated directly on a very private section of Alona Beach. Wide range of amenities.
- Bohol Beach Club, Bolod, ☎ +63 38 411-5222 to 24, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The resort boasts of an exclusive 1.5km stretch of white sand, the largest shoreline in that area. Guests can also enjoy a relaxing swim in the kidney-shaped pool set in lush greenery or simply laze at the outdoor jacuzzi. The club has aqua sports that include snorkeling, fun island dives, sailing, kayaking, and whale and dolphin watching
- Flushing Meadows Resort and Playground, Brgy. Dao, Dauis, ☎ +63 38 502-2122, fax: +63 38 502-2122 loc. 102, e-mail: email@example.com. Flushing Meadows Resort & Playground is Bohol's most exclusive deluxe resort. Guests at this lovely Bohol resort may expect a truly pleasurable tropical paradise experience. Fishing and diving facilities, a private beach, a spectacular children's playground, and an international-standard tennis court are among the many attractions. Accommodations here combine island decor with modern amenities; private balconies provide stunning sea views. USD105 and up.
- Panglao Island Nature Resort and Spa, Bingag, Dauis, ☎ +63 38 411-5878, +63 38 411-5982, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Small cluster of accommodations have private spacious patios with comfortable chaise lounge, an ideal spot for room service for breakfast or leisure reading. Rooms are equipped with state of the art amenities. The management ensures that service is impeccable and the stuff are the friendliest one will ever meet.
- Chiisai Natsu Resort, Panglao Island Circumferential Road, Panglao, ☎ +63 38 502-4115, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14;00, check-out: 12:00. Caters to single vacationers, families and corporate groups.
Accommodation on Alona Beach may be considered expensive for budget travellers, but that applies to many beaches in the Philippines.
- Alona Kew White Beach Resort, Tawala, ☎ +63 38 5029042, +63 38 5029027. Bungalows and well-appointed rooms set in lush surroundings. Rates start at ₱2,000.
- Alonaland Resort, ☎ +63 38 502 9007. 100 m from Alona Beach. Rooms, casitas, and villas. A/C with a refrigerator, shower, luggage rack, balcony/deck, and internet. The casitas and villas come with more features and include a kitchenette, cableTV, and dining area.
- Amorita Resort, Easter A. Lim Drive, Brgy. Tawala, ☎ +63 38 5029001. 6 ocean view villas with king-sized bed, individually-controlled split A/C, wide-screen LCD cableTV, and a mini bar refrigerator. Infinity pool, restaurant with free WiFi, wellness spa, boutique, leisure area, and garden. From ₱9,000.
- Bohol Beach Club, Bolod, ☎ +63 38 4115222 to 24, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 1.5 km stretch of white sand, the largest shoreline in that area. Large pool and lots of watersport activities.
- Chill-out Guesthouse Panglao, Tawala, Alona Beach, ☎ +63 38 502 4480. Chill-out Guesthouse Panglao offers fan and airconditioned room with terrace, soft beds and private toilet and bath. Its facilities and services include chillout bar, wireless internet access, tour assistance and massage services.
- Flushing Meadows Resort and Playground, Brgy. Dao, Dauis, ☎ +63 38 502-2122, fax: +63 38 502-2122 loc. 102, e-mail: email@example.com. Rooms with private balconies and seaviews. From US$105.
- Hayahay Resort, Alona Beach, ☎ +63 38 502-9056. Hayahay Resort is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and holiday seekers. This Alona Beach resort has an open restaurant on the beach, 11 comfortable rooms with private bath and Wi-Fi access, and exciting water activities like snorkelling, dolphin watching, and scuba diving.
- Kalipayan Resort, Atlantis Dive Center, Alona Beach, Tawala, ☎ +63 38 50290058, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cottages with A/C in a huge garden at the far end of Alona Beach. 5 min walk to beach. Nice pool, excellent restaurant and dive centre. Free WiFi.
- La Pernela Beachfront Resort, San Isidro, Dauis, ☎ +63 90 6396 2748. Comfortable rooms, all have A/C with bathroom and a closet. Swimming pools for adults and children, restaurants, and two function rooms. Transfer assistance, boat trips (island hopping and dolphin watching), motorbike rentals, and bohol tour packages. From ₱3,990.
- Lost Horizon Annex, Alona Beach, Tawala, ☎ +63 38 502 4091, +63 38 502 4092. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12noon. Rooms with balcony, ceiling fans, private toilet and bath. Restaurant, bar, boat and land tours, and internet.
- Panglao Island Nature Resort and Spa, Bingag, Dauis, ☎ +63 38 4115878, +63 38 4115982, e-mail: email@example.com. A small cluster of private rooms.
- Panglao Princess Suites, Doljo Coast, ☎ +63 38 5028228. Family-owned vacation home. 3 two bedroom, 2.5 bath suites, dining room and kitchen with on-site management, professional security, internet and a car & driver. Each unit has a lanai with views of the ocean.
- Panglao Regents Park Resort, ☎ +63 38 5024080, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 35 rooms with contemporary design and architecture, all with full amenities. From 1,800.
- Sherwood Bay Resort, Riverside, Songculan, Dauis, ☎ +63 38 5022035, +63 38 4160655, fax: +63 38 5022035. Water sport activities, such as scuba diving, snorkelling, and jet skiing. Cliff edge restaurant, jacuzzi, and infinity pool.
- Bohol Vantage Resort (Hotel Resort, Dauis), 1, Panorama St, Mayacabac, Dauis, ☎ +63 38 5023106. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. On Dayo Hill, only 5 km from Tagbilaran, with a 210⁰ view overlooking Bohol and the islands of the Central Visayas. Newly built with 6 apartments and 8 hotel rooms. The apartments are about 65-90² m and include a spacious roofed terrace and kitchen with cooking facilities. Hotel rooms are about 44² m. Both the hotel rooms and apartments have A/C, refrigerator, cable TV, DVD player, free internet and safety deposit box.
- Oasis Restaurant, ☎ +63 32 232-6010. Oasis Resort's restaurant covers Thai, Mexican, Italian, Japanese among others styles yet they are all great. Really surprising to find such good quality food after trying so many different places at Alona beach. Give it a try at Chili Con Carne or Fish Yellow Curry! Just beside Seaquest Dive Center at the beach walk.
- Villa Kasadya, Daorong, Danao (Short walk from Alona Beach.), ☎ +63-998-510-8801, e-mail: email@example.com. Comprised of 3 cottages that are roomy, with modern fittings.
Jadski - This is a money changer, internet café and souvenir shop located near the police office just off of Alona Beach. Credit cards should not be used there, as credit card number thefts have been reported by tourists after using it at that place.