Highway access is by Route 6 from the Cape Cod Canal in Bourne which is about 55 minutes away.
- From Boston take I-93 south to Route 3 south to the Sagamore Bridge (Becomes Rt. 6). Exit onto Route 6A at Orlean's landmark rotary (or roundabout) on Route 6, approximately 55 minutes from the Sagamore Bridge and 1.75 hours from Boston.
- From Providence or points south take I-95 north to I-195 to Route 25 south to the Bourne Bridge (I-495 also becomes Route 25). At the rotary (traffic circle) on the Cape side, go almost all the way around and travel along the Canal to Route 6 east.
- Most travelers would fly into Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS), , or Warwick, Rhode Island's T.F. Greene Airport (PVD), near Providence.
- Cape Air, +1-800-352-0714, . Regional airline serving nearby Hyannis, and also Provincetown, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. They also service the off cape cities of Boston, Providence (seasonal), and New Bedford.
- The French Cable Station Museum (Cove Rd. and Route 28), ☎ +1 508-255-0343. Early communications and the telegraph.
- Orleans Historical Society, 3 River Rd, ☎ +1 508 240-1329.
- Addison Art Gallery, 43 South Orleans Rd, ☎ +1 508 255-6200. (Rte. 28).
- Hogan Art Gallery, 39 Main St, ☎ +1 508 240-3655.
- Left Bank Gallery, 8 Cove Rd, ☎ +1 508 247-9172.
- Tree's Place, ☎ +1 508 255-1330. Route 6A at Route 28.
- Academy of Performing Arts Playhouse, 120 Main St, ☎ +1 508-255-3075 (General Info), +1 508-255-1963 (Box Office).
- Academy of Performing Arts School, 5 Giddish Hill Rd, ☎ +1 508 255-5510.
- Blue Claw Boat Tours, 94 West Rd, ☎ +1 508 240-5783. Here the family can enjoy one of New England’s most favorite attractions: seal Tours. Great for children, the seal cruise will take you from Orleans, all the way through Pleasant Bay to view seals as they swim and play in their natural habitat. This is a great way to spend time with the kids, as you spend an hour and a half learning about the wildlife and history of Pleasant Bay.
- Stages Theater Company (Rock Harbor), ☎ +1 508-240-2400.
- Orleans Bowling Center, 191 Route 6A, ☎ +1 508-255-0636.
- Nauset Beach, 250 Beach Rd. A public beach with good surf. The children can play in the sand and ocean, as the adults relax under the sun. There is a fee to get on to the beach. This beach is equipped with changing rooms and bathrooms.
- Skaket Beach, West Rd (off Route 6A).
- Pilgrim Lake, Monument Rd (off Main St).
- Abba (Old Colony Way & West Rd), ☎ +1 508-255-8144. Fine Dining. $20-$35.
- Academy Ocean Grille, 2 Academy Pl, ☎ +1 508 240-1585. At Rt 28.
- The Beacon Room, 23 West Rd, ☎ +1 508 255-2211. Lunch 11:30AM-3PM Dinner daily 5PM-9:30PM. Some imaginative dishes here. Patio dining available when warm enough. $15-22.
- Cooke's Seafood, 1 S Orleans Rd, ☎ +1 508 255-5518. Casual restaurant. Great (and surprisingly light) fried clams and onion rings. Some of the best clam chowder on the Cape!
- Homeport Restaurant, 55 Main St, ☎ +1 508 255-4069. The Homeport Restaurant offers a wide range of breakfast and lunch foods. For breakfast, you can enjoy one of their omelettes, eggs and egg dishes, pancakes, french toast and much more. But if you plan to start your day a little later than breakfast, the restaurant also serves a wide selection of lunch dishes.
- Joe's Beach Road Bar & Grille, 5 Beach Rd, ☎ +1 508 240-3058. Voted one of the top ten restaurants on Cape Cod by Yankee Magazine.
- Mahoney's Atlantic Bar and Grill, 28 Main St, ☎ +1 508 255-5505. Something a little special from the chef here.
- Nauset Beach Club, 222 Main St, ☎ +1 508 255-8547. East Orleans. Gets many excellent reviews. a la carte entrees $22-$35.
- The Old Jailhouse Tavern, 28 West Rd, ☎ +1 508 255-5245. Year round. 11:30AM-1AM. Jailhouse theme to this old stone building. Basic menu.
- The Orleans Waterfront Inn, 3 Old County Rd (off Route 6A), ☎ +1 508 255-2222.
- Saltwater Grille, 20 S. Orleans Rd, ☎ +1 508 255-5149. The Saltwater Grille has an extremely diverse menu that will be great for the entire family. This local restaurant offers great drinks for the adults, as well as a wide selection of appetizers and meals. The restaurant also offers a huge selection of seafood, all brought to you fresh from local areas.
- The Yardarm, ☎ +1 508 255-4840. 48 Rte. 28. Good value.
- The Land Ho, ☎ +1 508 255-5165. Rt. 6A and Cove Rd. Open daily, year round, until 1AM. The Land Ho is a tavern-type restaurant that is open every day, but at night serves appetizers, burgers and soups until midnight. It is frequented by locals and is known for its Cape Cod flair and numerous business signs that hang in its interior. Frequented by young and old alike. Beers run approximately $3.50 (domestic bottles) to $4.75 for imports and draughts. Cocktails range $3 and up. Open year round.
- The Old Jailhouse Tavern, 28 West Rd, ☎ +1 508 255-5245.
- The Orleans Waterfront Inn, 3 Old County Rd (off Route 6A), ☎ +1 508 255-2222, fax: +1 508-255-6722. 11 rooms.
- The Governor Prence Inn, ☎ +1 508-255-1216, toll-free: +1-800-342-4300. 66 Route 6A. 56 rooms. Non-smoking.
- A little Inn on Pleasant Bay, 654 S. Orleans Rd, ☎ +1 508-255-0780, toll-free: +1-888-332-3351. South Orleans. 9 units.
- The Cove, 13 S. Orleans Rd, ☎ +1 508 255-1203, fax: +1 508-255-7736. 47 units, some kitchenttes and balconys overlooking the cove.
- Nauset Knoll Motor Lodge, 237 Beach Rd, ☎ +1 508 255-2364. 12 units. Overlooks Nauset beach. Walk to beach.
|Routes through Orleans|
|New Bedford ← Harwich ←||W N||→ Eastham → Provincetown|
|Bourne ← Brewster ←||W E||→ Eastham → Ends at|
|Wareham ← Chatham ←||W E||→ Eastham → Ends at|