Orchard Park is the name of a village and town in the Southtowns of Erie County, New York.
- Chestnut Ridge Park, 6121 Chestnut Ridge Rd. (Rt NY-277 three miles south of the Village of Orchard Park), ☎ +1 716 858-8355. County park with over 1,200 acres, bicycling, accessible facilities, hiking trails, picnic areas, cross-country skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, tennis, toboggan chutes, disc golf. Free.
- Eternal Flame, Chestnut Ridge Park (Enter at Corral Parking Lot on Rt 277). Located on a shale creek bed in the southeast corner of Chestnut Ridge Park is a naturally occurring flame coming out of the rock. Underground pressure forces gas to leak from the shale.
- Johnson-Jolls Complex (Jolls House), 4287 South Buffalo St. (Next to town hall). April-October, the first and third Saturday 1PM-4PM. 19th Century Italianate Victorian Home listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Built in 1870 for merchant Ambrose Johnson, from 1902-1963 it was the home and office of Dr. Willard B. Jolls, a country doctor.
Festivals and events
- Quaker Arts Festival, 60 South Lincoln Ave.. Sa 10AM - 5 PM, Su 10AM - 4PM. Community arts festival hosting over 300 regional artists and craftsmen. Held annually the third weekend in September. Hosted by the Jaycees. Free to the public.
- Taste of Orchard Park, North Buffalo St. (North from Rt US 20A), ☎ +1 716 662-3366, fax: +1 716 662-5946, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 6PM - 10PM. Annual outdoor event held in late July and sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Stroll the street and sample the food fare from dozens of area restaurants. Live musical entertainment.
- July 4th Parade & Fireworks, East Quaker St - Rt. US 20A (Westerly along Rt US 20A (East Quaker St.) from Baker Rd to S. Lincoln), e-mail: email@example.com. 8PM - 10PM. Annual parade with fireworks after the parade on the grounds of the Middle School on S. Lincoon St. Free.
- Buffalo Bills, Ralph C. Wilson Stadium, One Bills Dr, toll-free: +1 877 BB-TICKS (22-84257). A member of the National Football League (NFL), the Buffalo Bills went to the Super Bowl for four straight years in the 1990s (losing them all) but have had declining fortunes since then. They play their games at Ralph C. Wilson Stadium in the suburb of Orchard Park. Still, the citizens of Buffalo follow the Bills' trials and tribulations religiously during football season (August through December), and home games at "the Ralph" almost always sell out.
- Bob-O-Link Golf Club, 4085 Transit (On Transit north of US Rt 20A), ☎ +1 716 663-4311, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 8AM - 9:30PM. Public par 3 course with night golf under the lights, a driving range and golf lessons. Youth camps, junior tournaments, and adult leagues. $15-$19.
- Fun & Games Sports & Recreation (Miniature Golf & Batting Cages), 3383 Southwestern Blvd (On US 20 between Milestrip & Orchard Park Rd), ☎ +1 716 677-2420. Seasonal hours May-Sept. 18-hole miniature golf course and baseball batting cages. $1-$10.
- Harvest Hill Golf Course, 3052 Transit Rd. (One-half mile south of US 20 on Transit), ☎ +1 716 662-1989, e-mail: email@example.com. Daylight hours. 18-hole public golf course designed by Dr. Michael Hurdzan with clubhouse and light dining. $45-$59.
- Four Corners (At the intersections of US Rt 20A & NY Rts 240 & 277 in the Village of Orchard Park). Local restaurants and retail shops including antiques, banks, custom framing, coffee house, clothing, children's books, financial services, furniture, hardware, Italian ice, and a pharmacy nearby.
- Cross Roads Center, 3201-3227 Southwestern Blvd (Southwestern Blvd @ Orchard Park Rd.). 20 Retail establishments including Denny's Restaurant, Lowe's, Tops Supermarket & gasoline, Stein Mart, Colonial Wine & Spirits, Five Star Bank, two hair cut salons, emergency medical care, Watson's Chocolate Candy, Wendy's/Tim Horton, Arby's, Moe's, Hoopla Frozen Yogurt, Taffy's Charbroiled Hot Dogs, Zoup!, Verizon Wireless.
- Quaker Crossing Retail Center, 3420 Amelia Dr. (Milestrip Rd west of US-219), ☎ +1 716 823-7704. 14 retail stores, 3 restaurants, banking, cinema, AAA
- Cappelli's Pizzeria, 3643 North Buffalo Rd. (On NYS Rt-240 (N. Buffalo Rd) between Webster and Milestrip Rds.), ☎ +1 716 662-2290. M-Th 10AM - 9:30PM, F & Sa 10AM - 10PM, Su 2PM - 9:30PM. Popular family owned pizzeria at this location since 1986. Dine in, take out, & delivery. Pizza, subs, wings, tacos & salads. Catering service for family parties & business meetings. $5 - $30.
- Danny's South, 4300 Abbott Rd. (Corner of Big Tree (US Rt-20A) & Abbott Rd.), ☎ +1 716 649-1194. M-Th 11AM - 11PM, F-Sa 11AM-12AM, Su 1PM - 8PM, Su Brunch 10AM - 2PM. Family and group friendly dining with sports bar. Soup & salad bar with popular Buffalo chicken wing soup. Full service menu for lunch & dinner. Burgers, wraps & hoagies. Steaks, chicken, pork, pasta & seafood dinners. Full bar service, catering & banquet facilities. Ample parking for Buffalo Bills home games with special game day tailgate menu. $10 - $23.
- Mangia Restorante & Caffe, 4264 N. Buffalo Rd., ☎ +1 716-662-9467. M-Th 11AM-10PM; F&Sa 11AM-11PM. Popular locally owned establishment. Casual lunch, pizza, subs, paninis, wraps, soup & salads. Evening dining: elaborate Italian Cuisine. Full bar & banquet room, upscale lounge on second floor, outdoor seating available. $14-$38.
- Mansard Inn, 3365 Abbott Rd. (Off Abbott one block north of Milestrip), ☎ +1-716-828-1115. Tu-Sa 4:30PM-close, Su 3:30PM-close, closed Mon. Fine dining at a moderate price. Open since 1973 in an English Tudor style building. Daily and early bird specials. Steak, seafood, turkey, chicken & lamb. Full bar and banquet facilities. $15-$37.
- Taffy's Hot Dog Stand, 3621 Orchard Park Rd. (Corner of Southwestern & Orchard Park Rd.), ☎ +1 716 675-0264. 11AM - 10PM Daily; Closed Jan-Mar. Locally owned at this location since 1949. Charbroiled hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken breasts. Dozens of milk shake flavors made the old fashion way. Curly fries. Outdoor seating, limited indoor seating. $1 - $20.
- Big Tree Inn, 4277 Abbott Rd. (Corner of Abbott & Big Tree (US Rt 20A)), ☎ +1 716 649-9892, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 9AM-4AM. Sports bar near Buffalo Bills - Ralph Wilson Stadium. Frequented by locals and Buffalo Bills players.
- The Byrd House, 4190 North Buffalo Rd. (One and one half blocks North of the Four Corners), ☎ +1 716 662-3909, e-mail: email@example.com. Serving over 20 craft beers on tap. Burgers, soup, appetizers, salads & sandwiches. Daily happy hour, open mic Wednesday, live music Saturday.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
| Budget || Under $100/night|
| Mid-range || $100-$150/night|
| Splurge || Over $150/night|
- Red Carpet Inn Buffalo, 3940 Southwestern Blvd, ☎ +1 716 649-5890. Walking distance from Ralph Wilson Stadium, also convenient to Hamburg Fairgrounds and ECC South Campus. All guest rooms have coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, and expanded cable TV with HBO. Jacuzzi rooms also available.
|Routes through Orchard Park|