Sculptures on top of sand dune, forming the northern part of the Hokianga Heads
Opononi is a town on the Hokianga Harbour, west of Rawene, in the North Island of New Zealand.
The Opononi pier
- Statue of Opo, the dolphin
- Sand dunes. Take the Hokianga Express ferry across the harbour and climb the dune towards the east (2.5 km). Ask the skipper for directions.
- Labyrinth Woodworks and Maze, 647 Waiotemarama Gorge Road, Waiotemarama.
- Walk the beautiful bush track at Waiotemarama Falls, 5 km from Opononi.
- Opononi Takeaways
- Opononi Hotel
- Opononi Lighthouse Motel, Twin Coast Discovery Highway, State Highway 12 (You will see the light house on the road in the middle of town), ☎ +64 9 405-8824, toll-free: 0800 445577, fax: +64 9 405-8824, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opononi Dolphin Lodge, State Highway 12, ☎ +64 9 405-8451, fax: +64 9 405-8451, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Opononi Holiday Park, 43 State Highway 12, ☎ +64 9 405-8791.