Olden is a village in Sogn og Fjordane. This article also deals with the neighbour village Loen. Since they from a travelers view is one destination. They are both surrounded by high mountains, and at the fjord Nordjord. The glacier Jostedalsbreen is not far away.
Closest airport is in Sandane (IATA: SDN).
Olden and Loen is on route 60, who is connected by E39, 40 km (25 mi) away. And with route 15.
- Briksdal glacier (Briksdalsbreen) (20 km (12 mi) from Olden, in the end of the valley), ☎ +47 57876800, fax: +47 57876801. Perhaps one of the most famous glacier in norway. A part of Jostedalsbreen. There is 2.5 km (1.6 mi) from the parking space to the glacier. From there you could walk, or be transported with special cars. Transport road-glacier: Adults: kr 170, Children: kr 65.
- Kjendalen glacier (Kjendalsbreen).
- Lodal lake (Lodalsvatnet). Lodalsvatnet is surrounded by high mountains. Because of small ice-crystal, the water sometime is green.
- Singerheimen, Olden, ☎ +47 57873106, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The home of the American explorer and painter William Singer. Hosts his paintings and collected artifacts.
- Waterfalls, Olden. Lots of waterfalls add to the scenery. The one near the Tjugensetra village is simply breathtaking, but there are lot's of more reachable ones.
- Bike rental (Touristinformation). There are some queit, and relative flat roads.
- Glacier walking (Meet at Sande Camping), ☎ +47 57876800, +47 57874040. 10 Jun-15 Sep: at 10AM. A five hour treking, including three hour on the Bødalsbreen glacier. Children under tvelwe years are not allowed. kr 500.
- Skålatårnet (Skåla tower), Loen. Those with strong leg muscles can walk to the tower, on top of the mountain 1848 m (6063 ft). Needless to say, the view is magnificent.
- Hiking. Many hiking possibilities start from Loen. Signs indicate the hiking trails and there names.
- Via Ferrata, Loen. A via ferrata starts behind the Hotel Alexandra a finishes at the top of Mount Hoven at 1010 meters.
- Loen pensjonat, Loen, ☎ +47 57877624, fax: +47 57877678.
- Tjugen Camping, Loen, ☎ +47 57 87 76 17, e-mail: email@example.com. A nice camp site with a glacier view. It is also possible to rent cabins there. 165 NOK for a tent and two persons.
- Hotel Loenfjord, Loen, ☎ +47 57875700, fax: +47 57875751, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Olden Fjordhotell, Olden, ☎ +47 57870400, fax: +47 57870401, e-mail: email@example.com.
If you want to see more dramatic nature, Geiranger is a good choice.