Oberwesel is in Middle Rhine Valley.
- Fährgemeinschaft Kaub. Car and foot passenger ferry crosses the Rhine just south of Oberwesel from Kaub.
- Bingen-Rüdesheimer cruise boat to/from Bingen and Rüdesheim.
- The Köln-Düsseldorfer Rheinschiffahrt, better known as KD, runs cruises and scheduled services up and down the river between Cologne and Mainz, stopping in Sankt Goar.
- Oberwesel townwall (Oberwesel Stadtmauer). Excellent example of town wall with many defensive towers
- Schönburg. 12th century castle with expensive but impressive restaurant and hotel.
- Walk part of the Rheinburgenweg
- Rhein in Flammen: 12 September 2015 . The “Night of a Thousand Fires” has been traditionally staged at Oberwesel. For this spectacle, 50 illuminated ships convoy to the town of St. Goar to watch the illumination of the legendary Loreley rock rising 300 feet out of the river. The procession will go from there upstream to Oberwesel passing towns, castles, and churches bathed in Bengal lights. The musical brilliant firework display in front of the medieval backdrop of Oberwesel is the highlight of the boat parade. (date needs updating)
- Mittelalterliches Spectaculum: 14-16 May 2016 . Medieval festival
- Weinhaus Weiler, Marktplatz 4, ☎ +49 6744 93050. Also hotel rooms
- Günderode Haus, Rheingoldstraße (am Siebenjungfrauenblick on the hill north of the town.), ☎ +49 6744 714011. German food with original flare. Building was located in this position with spectacular view of the Rhein for the film Heimat 3.
- DJH Jugendherberge Oberwesel, Auf dem Schönberg, ☎ +49 6744 93330.
- Hotel Augustins, Rathausstraße 2, ☎ +49 6744 710070. One of the few places in the area that serves food throughout the day in the week.