Novokuznetsk (Russian: Новокузне́цк nuh-vuh-kooz-NYETSK) is a big metallurgy and coal city in the south of Kemerovo Oblast. As the oldest city in the region by far (1617), Novokuznetsk has seen its fair share of different names. It was known simply as Kuznetsk (Blacksmith City) until the 1930s when massive coal deposits were found, sparking the industrialization of the city under the name Stalinsk. In the Khruschev era, the city was reborn as Novokuznetsk (New Kuznetsk). Novokuznetsk's age and proximity to the Kemerovo Oblast's beautiful southern region makes it the top destination in the region for tourism.
Trains arrive from Novosibirsk and Kemerovo, or, if arriving from the east, the more distant Taishet. Novokuznetsk also has an airport with flights arriving from Moscow and Saint Petersburg. For the benefit of locals who want to get out of Siberia and hit the beaches, there are also flights in the summer to/from Russia's Black Sea Region: Sochi, Krasnodar, and Anapa.
- Novokuznetsk museum of regional studies , 24 Pionersky Prospekt.
- Novokuznetsk museum of arts , 62 Kirova st.
- The house-museum of Fyodor Dostoevsky, 29 Dostoevskogo st.
- Kuznetsky Fortress (1780)
- Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral (19th century)
- Drama Theatre
- Ice hockey palace
- Skating rink
- Entertainment & Shopping Centers Globus and Continent
- Vodka di Novokuzneck "Kuznechanka"
- Ivan Vodka (Иван Водка)
- Novokuznetskaya (Новокузнецкая), 53 Kirova st (The city center), ☎ +7 3843 46-46-47, fax: (3843) 46-46-47, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Free wi-fi at the cafe on the 6th floor 2000-16500RUB.
- Gold wing (Золотое крыло), 51 Lenina st, ☎ +7 3843 37-79-70, e-mail: email@example.com. 24h reception, sauna with karaoke, jacuzzi, billiard, cafe-bar, free wi-fi. 1350RUB for single,1750-3000RUB for double.
- Novokuznetsk is a convenient gateway for travelers going south into the Gornaya Shoria region of Kemerovo Oblast: to Tashtagol for skiing or to the Shorsky Nature Reserve.
- Kuznetsky Alatau Nature Reserve .