Novi Pazar is in Podrinje.
The hilly Novi Pazar
- Church of St. Peter. from the 9th-century.
- Altun-Alem mosque. The main mosque of the city, and it is the largest in this region of the Balkans and dates from 16th century
- Amir-agin Han. 17th-century. A historic Ottoman building
- Turkish fortress. 15th-century
- Hammam. 15th-century
- Old Ras and the Sopocani monastery (Manastir Sopoćani, Serbian Cyrillic: Сопоћани), Vicinity of Novi Pazar, Raška District (W 15 km West). Part of the World Heritage List, built in 1260 and it is noteworthy for its exceptional frescoes
- Saint George monastery (Saint Djordje monastery, Pillars of Djurdje monastery, Djurdjevi Stupovi monastery, Tracts of Saint George, Serbian Cyrillic: Ђурђеви cтупови), Boturovina, Raška (4 km). This is a is a 12th-century Serbian Orthodox monastery. Parts: Church of Saint George, dining-room, refectory, water tanks and walls around entry tower. Part of the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites