Northern Oman is in Oman.
- Muscat - the historic capital and largest city
- Bahla - oasis town which home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Buraimi- border crossing town adjacent to Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates
- Khasab - Capital of Musandam Peninsula and historic port to Iran
- Nizwa - contains the best-known fort in Oman
- Sohar - the legendary home of Sindbad
- Ibri - Land of Wadis and Suqs
- Hajar Mountains - a majestic range, which stretches into the United Arab Emirates.
- Madha - tiny exclave of Oman completely surrounded by the United Arab Emirates
- Musandam Peninsula - a rocky exclave on the Straits of Hormuz with some magnificent wadis and a coastline with fjord-like fingers out into the ocean
- The Aflaj Irrigation Systems of Oman is a world heritage site made up of five ancient irrigation systems. They're located in the regions of Ash Sharqiyah and Al Batinah.
- The Archaeological Sites of Bat, Al-Khutm and Al-Ayn is an arcahaeological UNESCO World Heritage Site. UNESCO describes it as the "most complete collection of settlements and necropolises from the 3rd millennium B.C. in the world."