North Pole (Alaska)
|Daily highs (°F)||-1||10||27||45||61||71||73||66||54||31||9||3|
|Nightly lows (°F)||-17||-12||-1||19||35||47||50||44||33||15||-7||-14|
Data from NOAA (1981-2010)
North Pole is on Alaska State Highway 2, about 14 miles east of Fairbanks.
Taxis are available locally from North Pole Taxi (+1 907 488-7433) or King Cab (+1 907 488-8888).
- Santa Claus House. The most obvious sight in the city is the "Santa Claus House," a Christmas-themed gift shop with live reindeer outside and daily appearances by Santa himself. You can also arrange for anyone you wish to receive a letter from Santa just before Christmas.
- The Knotty Shop. Another local attraction is "The Knotty Shop" which features various items made of knotted wood as well as a room the refer to as a wildlife museum that is a large display of taxidermy. Basically, the owner of the shop has killed one of pretty much every animal it is possible to kill in Alaska and built a miniature mountain to display them on.
Postage and mail. Use the special Santa/North Pole cancellation slot.
- Pagoda Restaurant, 431 N Santa Claus Ln, ☎ +1 907 488-3338.
- Fire Wok, 249 N Santa Claus Ln, ☎ +1 907 488-8883.
- Dalman's Family Restaurant, 3340 Badger Rd #195, ☎ +1 907 488-1463.
- Elf's Den Restaurant and Lounge, 14 Richardson Hwy, ☎ +1 907 488-8788. 11:30AM-10PM weekdays, 2:30-9PM Sun.
- Beaver Lake Resort Hotel, 2555 Mission Road #1103, ☎ +1 907-488-9600, fax: +1 907-488-9772. Motel suites with full kitchen and apartments for extended stay.
- Hotel North Pole, 449 N Santa Claus Ln, ☎ +1 907 488-4800, toll-free: +1-877-488-4801, fax: +1 907-488-4816. Extended-stay hotel beside North Pole Plaza mall. Wi-fi and continental breakfast included. Meeting and banquet facilities.