North Moravia and Silesia
North Moravia and Silesia is a region of the Czech Republic.
- Český Těšín.
- Olomouc. Vibrant university town with the impressive Plague Column; has the second largest historical centre in the Czech Republic
- Opava. The former capital of Czech Silesia
- Ostrava. Largest city in Czech Silesia
- Prostějov. Known as "Haná Jerusalem" because of the large Jewish community which lived there before WWII
- Zlaté Hory.
- Jeseníky (Ash Mountains). The second highest mountain range in the Czech Republic near the city of Jeseník.
- Beskydy (Beskids). A mountain range at the border to Slovakia with well-preserved primeval forests, meadows and pastures and stable populations of lynxes, bears and wolves.
- Litovelské Pomoraví (Litovel Morava Basin). A floodplain of the Morava River, north of Olomouc.
- Poodří (Oder Basin). A protected wetlands area along the Oder River near Ostrava.
The best way to get into North Moravia and Sikesia is to choose Katowice Airport (KTW). It's the airport situated 120 kilometres northeast of Ostrava but the way leads all via a motorway and by car it takes about an hour to get from the airport to Ostrava via A1/D1 roads. The airport has direct connections with over 30 destinations across Europe and Asia. The airport is a base of Wizzair and has strong network of Wizzair flights:
- LOT Polish Airlines (Warsaw)
- Germanwings Dusseldorf
- Lufthansa Frankfurt (3 times daily connection),
- Ryanair Alicante, Birmingham, Chania, Dublin, London-Stansted
- Wizzair Barcelona, Bergen, Cologne, Dortmund (2x daily), Doncaster, Eindhoven (6x a week) Frankfurt-Hahn, Kiev-Zhulyany, Kutaisi, London-Luton (2x daily) , Malmö-Sturup, MilanBergamo, Naples, Oslo-Torp, Paris-Beauvais, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavsta, Tel Aviv
The shuttle bus from Katowice Airport operates six times a day with the timetable fixing the rush hours of the Airport's air traffic. The website of the company can be found here Tiger Express and the tickets prices begin from 9€ one way. The journey takes 90 minutes and free wi-fi and luggage transport is included in this price.