North Canton is a city in Stark County. Is the former home of The Hoover Company.
North Canton was originally called New Berlin, but, due to anti-German attitudes after WWI, the name was changed in 1918.
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport, CAK. Located on the north end of Stark County in North Canton
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, CLE. A hub for United Airlines, the Cleveland Airport, combined with an approximately one-hour drive is a convenient means to visit North Canton.
- Cleveland Ave. (Main St in North Canton) runs North to South through the heart of the city. Connects to Canton in the south and Uniontown/ Akron in the north.
- Market St. runs North to South on the east border of North Canton. Connects to Canton in the south and combines with St Rte 43 into Hartville in the north.
- Stark County Regional Transit Authority (SARTA), tel: +1 330-47-SARTA (330-477-2782), . $1.15 Regular fare/ .50 Reduced fare (Seniors, Disabled)(buy in advance at trsansfer stations)/ Children under 6 ride free. SARTA provides reliable public bus service throughout Stark County. Transfer Centers are located in: Alliance, Massillon, and Canton. There is a bus to the Akron/Canton Airport (Route 115) and an express bus between Canton and Downtown Akron (Route 81). Buses on main routes generally depart each stop every hour. SARTA buses run 365 days per year. On Holidays, buses run the Sunday schedule. Check website for details: . Additionally, Lakefront Lines, a private bus company, operates an office in SARTA's Canton Transfer Center. Lakefront Lines goes through Canton on its route between Cleveland and Charleston, SC.
- Hoover Historical Center, 1875 East Maple St, ☎ +1 330 499-0287. North Canton, Located on the campus of Walsh University, the Hoover Historical center provides history, contributions and legacy of the Hoover vacuum cleaner.
- Grand Slam USA, 5656 Dressler Rd. NW. Su: Noon-10PM, M-Th: 10AM-10PM, F: 10AM-11PM, SA: 8AM-11PM. Family entertainment center with basketball courts, volleyball courts, batting cages, video games, birthday parties, miniature golf, baseball and softball lessons.
- The Strip is in Jackson township on the west border of North Canton off Exit 111 on Interstate 77 - Strip Ave. NW, North Canton, OH 44720. Retail stores and restaurants including Wal-Mart, Giant Eagle, Border's Books & Music, Bed Bath & Beyond, Old Navy, Best Buy, Babies R Us, Cinemark Theatres' Tinseltown, Cold Stone Creamery, Carrabba's, Chuck E. Cheese and Starbucks.
- Westfield Belden Village Mall is in Jackson Township of the southwest border of North Canton off Interstate 77 - 4230 Belden Village St. NW, Canton, OH 44718. More than 100 national and specialty retailers and restaurants.
- Cheese N Crackers Deli, 1430 W Maple St, ☎ +1 330-497-9344. Small deli that serves sandwiches and soup.
- Geisen Haus, 6955 Promway Ave NW, ☎ +1 330 499-9116. The Geisen Haus serves authentic German food in a sports bar type atmosphere. If it's your birthday you can get a huge stein of beer for $1.
- Leno's Family Restaurant, 2494 Easton St NE (Easton and Middlebranch), ☎ +1 330 492-2177. Family style restaurant that offers all-you-can-eat spaghetti and pizza for cheap on Tuesdays.
- Palombo's Italian Restaurant & Lounge, 4100 Portage St NW, ☎ +1 330 497-1815.
- 356 Fighter Group Restaurant, 4919 Mount Pleasant St NW, ☎ +1 330 494-3500, fax: +1 330-494-5509. Located near the Akron-Canton Airport, you can watch planes taking off and landing while you eat. Also has great brunches on Sundays. Dinners $15-25.
- Best Western North Canton, 6889 Sunset Strip Ave, ☎ +1 330 497-8799. Non-smoking hotel near Pro Football Hall of Fame Akron-Canton Regional Airport that features free continental breakfast and indoor pool.
|Routes through North Canton|