Naples (New York)
A sunny day at the 2011 Grape Festival.
Naples is a city in the Finger Lakes region of New York.
Naples is located at the south end of Canandaigua Lake, about 30 minutes south of Canandaigua.
- Ontario County Park at Gannett Hill. Camping, hiking, beautiful views.
- The Hi Tor. A short drive from Rochester in the village of Naples lies this spur off of the Finger Lakes Trail system. The Hi Tor provides heavy duty steep grade hiking/mountain biking. Leads to a beautiful hill top view of Canandaigua Lake.
- The Purple Pig Music Festival, 5144 Blodgett Rd, ☎ +1 585 402-1295. 3 days, late Aug. Naples' signature festival is the Grape Festival, but the Purple Pig (started in 2012) is rapidly making a name for itself. They pull in the best acts from throughout upstate New York—dozens of them—to perform on three stages erected on the grounds of a blueberry farm. They've got plenty of parking and campsites galore, so pitch a tent and enjoy 72 hours of great music. One day $60, three days $80 ($100 at door).
- Grape Everything. This town is surrounded by grape pie stands. You can get grape flavored everything. There is even a grape festival in the fall. The fire hydrants are painted grape purple.
- Bob & Ruth's Vineyard, 204 North Main St, ☎ +1 585 374-5122. Great diner food. Excellent milkshakes.