Nakhodka (Russian: Нахо́дка, nah-KHOHT-kuh) is a port city in Primorsky Krai and stands for nothing less than 'discovery' in Russian. In recent years, Russia designated the city a "free economic zone," a variation on China's very successful Special Economic Zones, which could potentially attract large-scale foreign investment. It is location of the port Vostochniy, the largest stividor in Russian Far East, and an oil-terminal for Sakhalin projects.
Direct trains come from Khabarovsk every other day in cold season. In hot season they arrive daily. Don't be confused if the destination in your ticket would be read as 'Tikho'okeanskaya' (Тихоокеанская) because it's the main railway station. The station 'Nakhodka' is up north and serves commuter purposes mostly. Elektrichkas bound for Vladivostok and Partizansk depart 3 times a day: in the morning, at midday and in the evening.
From the airport "Knevichi" at the town Artyom north of Vladivostok one can order a taxi for 2000-2500 roubles per trip that takes 3 hours. Public buses leave Artom's bus stop at the right hand of the airport square.
Bus station is located in the city's center near the railway station Barkhatnaya (Бархатная). Taking a bus to the capital Vladivostok is possible every 40 min. and the time of travel lasts 4 hours. Bus #601 (Nakhodka-Ussuriysk) with a stop in Artyom goes three times a day.
The city's outspread along the harbor for more than 40km. The central street is Nakhodkinsky Prospekt that goes along the shoreline. Common public transport in Nakhodka is taxi and public buses. Taxi prices usually are divisioned for a period of time: 15 min, 30 min, 1hour (200RUB).
- Nakhodka EXPO Center (Находка Музейно-Выставочный центр), 6, Vladivostokskaya St, ☎ +7 4236 65-53-90. The museum comprises two exhibition rooms, children's museum, "museum on rollers", art-salon and musichall.
- 'Art stil' salon (АРТ-СТИЛЬ), 16, Malinovskogo st, ☎ +7 4236 641-315. Art.
- Dolina Lubvi (Долина любви), 51, Nakhodkinskiy Prospekt, ☎ +7 423 625-99-95. Night club.
- Chamelion (Хамелеон), 2a, Sportivnaya St, ☎ +7 423 662-11-09. Night club
- Imperia (Империя), 22, Leninskaya st, ☎ +7 423 625-60-71. Night club.
Nakhodka is amongst the most frequented cities in Russian Far East and there is over 40 hotels and more is under construction. One can pick a hotel in the city or get out to rest at the numerous bases along the sea.
- Hotel Gorizont (Горизонт), 1, Sportivnaya St, e-mail: email@example.com. The most luxurious hotel in the city.
- Hotel Rent (Рент), 27, Pogranichnaya St, ☎ +7 42366 59910, fax: +7(4236) 647305.
- Hotel Nadezhda (Надежда), 3, Administrativny gorodok, ☎ +7 4236 698595.
- Bumerang Hotel (Бумеранг), 44a, Nakhodkinsky Prospekt, ☎ +7 4236 63-49-63.
- Xuan Yuan Hotel (Сюань Юань), 32, Malinovskogo St (At the 'Chinese Wall' close to the bus station), ☎ +7 4236 64-09-84. A hotel in Chinese-style.
- Pyramid Hotel (Пирамид-Отель), 2, Vladivostokskaya St (Close to museum), ☎ +742366 5-77-60, fax: +7 (4236) 65-98-94, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-out: 12:00. $70-154.
Lisiy Island. Brother and Sister Hills. The sandy and gravel beaches.