Naivasha is a city in Kenya, located 90 km northwest of Nairobi on Lake Naivasha.
- There are frequent Matatus from Nairobi (1.5 h / 200-300 Ksh.)
- The train from and to Nairobi takes around 4 h leaving Nairobi at 18.30 and Naivasha at 4.55 in the night.
- the bus or matatu fare from Naivasha to Nakuru is Ksh180 and the trip takes one hour.
Matatus run along the Moi South Lake Rd to Kongoni (one hour / 100 Ksh.). You can get off for the Hell's Gate National Park on the way.
- Lake Naivasha is a beautiful freshwater lake with the highest elevation of the Kenyan Rift valley at 1,890 metres. It's a popular weekend getaway for Nairobians.
- Hell's Gate National Park, outside the town, south of Lake Naivasha.
- Take a boat ride on Lake Naivasha to see the birds and hippos.
- Bike through Hell's Gate National Park and see the zebra, gazelle and warthogs.
- Hike down and through the Ol Njorowa Gorge. You can get a local guide at the entrance to the gorge. Wear hiking shoes and be prepared to get a little muddy.
- Dine on fresh fish from the lake.
- Buffalo Mall (Moi S Lake Road). has a Tuskys Supermarket.
- Naivas Supermarket, Blashara street. Naivas is one of the big four supermarkets in Kenya.
- Equity Bank. has a master card / visa card ATM.
The lodges and other accommodation usually have a restaurant (and bar) on site. You can also visit the local villages for fresh and very cheap Kenyan food in the restaurants and cafes.
Most lodges have a bar on site, sometimes with a TV for sports. For cheaper beer go to the bars in the villages.
- Fisherman's Camp, ☎ +254 202 139 922, +254 726 870 590. Fisherman's Camp is a campsite situated on the shores of Lake Naivasha (meaning 'rippling waters' in Masai). A fully equipped cottage and 4 Bandas (Kenya's equivalent to small challets) are also available. The site also has its own bar and restaurant (phone 254 5 050 462 for bookings). camping Ksh600 Dorm Ksh 1,300.
- Fish Eagle Inn (Located next to Fisherman's Camp), ☎ +254 20 2737956, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fish Eagle Inn has a range of accommodation from dormitories to executive suites with options for full and half board, or bed only. camping Ksh600. dorm bed 1000ksh.
- G M T Guest House, next to weigh bridge mai mahiu. Check-in: 11am, check-out: 10am. fan double room with own bathroom and tv. from Ksh 1300.
- Naivasha Silver View, Kenyatta Ave, ☎ 0716-660022. single/double rooms. Ksh 800.
- Naivasha Guest House, Kenyatta Avenue (two kms from town center.), ☎ 050-2021227. single/double rooms with own bathrooms. from Ksh 1,000..
- Heshima B & L, Kariuki Chotara Road, ☎ 0723-103836. room with outside hot water bathroom Ksh 800..
- YMCA, Moi South Lake Road (15 kms from the junction.), ☎ 0722-840857. camping/dorm beds/room camping Ksh400. Drom bed Ksh600..
- Wambuku Lodge, Moi Avenue (next to the post office.), ☎ 050-2030287. single/double rooms with own bathroom. from Ksh 1200..
- Four Seasons Lodge. (next to Mosque.). double room with own bathroom Ksh 800..
From Naivasha Town you can catch a matatu north to Nakuru.