Nahariyya was founded in 1934 by German Jews fleeing Nazi oppression.
Nahariyya forms the northern terminus of the coastal railway line. Additionally, buses run from Haifa (Nateev Express route numbers 271, 272).
The boardwalk is quaint and well kept. Follow the main street, HaGa'aton, to the sea, and enjoy walking or bicycle riding along the board walk.
- Statue Park in Medatech, Derech HaAtsma'ut , Nahariya, ☎ 04-9855000. Su-F daylight hours. Dozens of statues by artists from around the country. Free.
- Water Tower (Migdal HaMayim), 12 Jabotinsky St., ☎ 04-9511214. Su-Th 09:00-13:00 (and between 16:00-19:00 in addition on Tu and Th), Sa 10:00-14:00. One of Nahariya's symbols, it was establised in 1936, 27 meter tall tower that provided water to the city among other things. Currently the lower floor got small gallery with exchange exhibits by local artists. Free.
- The Edge (HaKatze), 34 Lohamei HaGeta'ot St, Nahariya, ☎ 04-9926819. M Th 16:30-19:00, F 12:00-15:00, Sa 11:00-13:00. Local artists gallery with exchanged exhibits. Free.
- Liberman House (Beit Liberman), Gdud 21 St. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9821516. Su Th 09:00-13:00, M W 16:00-19:00, F 09:00-12:00, Sa 10:00-14:00. Nahariya's museum that tells the story of the city through a permanent exhibit & archive.
- Nahariya Zoo-Botanical Garden, 8 Ben Gaon St. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9517491. Su-Th 09:00-17:00, F 09:00-15:00, Sa 09:00-17:00. 15 NIS.
- Enjoy relaxing by the beach at the public beaches.
- Nahariya Carriage Rides, 26 HaGaaton Blvd, Nahariya, ☎ 04-9879882. Jul Aug Sep. Take a carriage ride around Nahariya for a unique perspective of the city.
- Nahariya Small City Train, 29 HaGaaton Blvd, Nahariya,. Jul Aug Sep 17:00-22:00 (close on Fridays). mostly for kids/youth and families. kids 15NIS, adults 10NIS.
- Dive/Sail Center - Putsker, 5 HaMa'apilim st. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9511503. Su-Th 08:00-19:00 ,F Sa 08:00-17:00. Sail from Nahariya to Akhziv Islands, Rosh Hanikrah, Acre.
Dive Ship Wrecks ,the Akhziv canyon and Rosh HaNikra grottoes.
- Dance Israeli Folk Dancing, Nahariya's boardwalk. Jul Aug Sep ,Sa 19:30 for kids,20:30 for adults. free.
- Marina Sea Fishing, 5 HaMa'apilim st. Nahariya. free.
- Horse Ride/Cycling (Havat HaHayot), 2 Yitshak Sadeh, Nahariya, ☎ 04-9923005. Su Th 8:00-20:00, F 8:00-15:00, Sa 10:00-20:00.
- Roller Skating Park, Nahariya's boardwalk. Over an area of approximately 18 acres ,includes hockey court. just make sure to bring your own skates. free.
- August Music Festival, Nahariya's boardwalk. Aug. For the Whole Month , free concerts with the popular Israeli singers/bands. free.
- Fun Park (Gil Lekol Gil), HaAliya st. Nahariya (End of the road , North). Jul Aug Sa Holidays 10:00-22:00. For small children till age 8. free.
- Nahariya Mall, 2 Irit St. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9929977. Su Th 10:00-22:30,F 09:00-15:00,Sa 20:00-23:00. includes also 5 movie theaters
- Arena Nahariya Mall, 1 Ben Tzvi St. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9525501. Su Th 09:00-22:00,F 09:00-14:30,Sa 20:00-23:00.
- Pinguin Restaurant, Hagaaton Boulevard. An institution in Nahariya, Pinguin has been run by the same family since it opened in 1940. Seating is outside in front, where the entrance is flanked by two person-sized penguin sculptures, or inside the restaurant. Pleasant atmosphere. Pizza, Italian entrees, toasted sandwiches, sandwiches, meat entrees. Pinguin also has a catering garden, which can be rented for special occasions. inexpensive to moderate.
- Banahala, 17 Yitzhak sadeh, ☎ 04-9512074. Mo Sa 10:00 - 24:00. 60-120 NIS.
- The B.K. PUB, 2 HaGaaton Blvd. Nahariya, ☎ 04-9924334. Nahariya's oldest pub , since 1981 , with rock music in the background.
- Avalon, Nahariya's North Industrial Area, ☎ 04-9523489. Th F Sa 23:00-03:00. Mega dance bar with special events.
- Carlton Nahariya Hotel, Gaaton Blvd. 23 (downtown), ☎ +972 4 9005511. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. 120$.
- Madison Hotel Nahariya, Hameysdim St. Formerly Plaza Nahariya. Located on the waterfront.
- Hotel Frank, 4, Haalia St, ☎ 04-9920278. A family hotel, offering a clean, welcoming atmosphere. Located in quiet surroundings yet only a few steps from the beach and the Town Center. ~100$.
- Hotel Erna, 29 Jabotinsky St, ☎ 04-9920170. Founded in 1960 as a traditional family inn, Hotel Erna later became well known as one of the best small hotels in the northern seashore of Israel.
- Monfort Castle & Kziv stream - 6 km of hiking and nature trails.
- Old Car Collection in The Tefen Open Museum - includes also the Art Gallery, the German-Speaking Jewry Heritage Museum, the Sculpture Garden and the Art of Industry Museum . Su Th 9:00 – 17:00, Sa 10AM – 17:00, 22 NIS
- Ghetto Fighters House Museum - Su Th 9:00-16:00 F 9:00-13:00, Kibbutz Lohamei Haghetaot, Tel: 04-9958080
- The Cow (HaPara) - Pub in Shavei Tzion with live Israeli concerts usually on Saturdays and Thursdays at 21:30
|Routes through Nahariyya|
|' ← Rosh Haniqra ←||N S||→ Akko → Haifa|