There is a tram network operating in Mulhouse city center.
- Mulhouse cathedral and Place de la Réunion.
- The old town and the town hall.
- Tour de l'Europe, 3, bd de l'Europe. A skyscraper with a restaurant on the top floor.
- Musée du papier peint, 28 rue Zuber B.P. 41 F. The museum of wallpaper manufacturing.
- Schlumpf Car Museum, 15 rue de l’épée.
- French railway museum, 2, rue Alfred de Glehn.
- Electropolis, 55 rue du Pâturage. Electricity museum.
- Zoological and bothanical garden, 51 rue du Jardin zoologique.
- Musée des beaux arts, 4,place GuillaumeTell. Art museum.
- Carrefour, rue de Berne (Take exit 20 from the A36 motorway and turn towards Ile Napoleon). A hypermarket near the motorway where you can buy all you need for the trip.
Many cheap kebab shops. Typical restaurant: Zum Sauwadala, 13 rue de l'Arsenal, friendly atmosphere, very good typical meals and drinks Il Cortile, rue des Franciscains: very good Italian restaurant (not a pizzeria!), but rather expensive
- Murphy's Pub: and Irish themed bar downtown.
- Caffe Leffe: a cafe by day and bar by night.
- Zen (2 avenue Lutterbach; near Daguerre tram station) a bar and Chinese restaurant. Sometimes has well-attended karaoke nights.
- Hotel Ibis Mulhouse Ville Gare Centrale, 53, rue de Bale, ☎ +33 3 89464141. room without breakfast from 42€.
Mulhouse is generally safe twenty-four hours a day and quiet at night, but people unfamiliar with the area would do well to steer clear of areas like Bourtzwiller (north of the A36) and Les Coteaux (at the west end of tram line 2). Beggars can be a nuisance, but you don't have to give them anything; they won't harm you. In the unlikely event that you should find yourself in trouble, call 112 free from any payphone or from your mobile.
- You can continue your trip to the vine areas of Alsace.
- For fans of French-made cars, the Peugeot museum is located at the PSA factories in Souchaux near Montbéliard about 40 km from Mulhouse.
- Germany and Switzerland are both reached in half an hour by car.