Mount Snow is in the towns of Wilmington and West Dover, in southern Vermont. It is located off Vermont's famed Route 100 - aka the skiers' highway.
- Mount Snow Airport, Phone: +1 802 464-8481. Located near the Albany County Airport.
- Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, CT. - 1 and 1/2 hours
- Albany Airport in Albany, NY - 1 and 1/2 hours
- Manchester, New Hampshire. - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Logan International Airport in Boston.
- Amtrak Vermonter provides service to Brattleboro, Vermont. Another option would be taking the Ethan Allen Express to Rensselaer/Albany, which is a 1.5-hour drive to Mount Snow.
Interstate 91, Exit 2 in Vermont. Take Route 9 West for 20 miles to Wilmington, VT. Turn right at the stoplight onto Route 100 North. Nine miles to Mount Snow/Haystack.
Two lines, Vermont Transit (+1 802-254-6066) and Greyhound (+1 212-971-6318) provide service to Brattleboro.
- The MOOver, ☎ +1 802 464-3280. The MOOver is a free shuttle serving the Mount Snow Valley. The buses are painted like Holstein cows. The shuttles run year-round with over 30 stops between Wilmington and West Dover. They also have regular scheduled pickups at the Brattleboro transit center.
Leaf-peepers travel to the Deerfield Valley to see the brilliant foliage in late September and October.
There is great kayaking and boating in the area.
- Mount Snow/Haystack, ☎ +1 802 464-2151, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A variety of activities are available on and off the mountains. In the winter, skiing and snowboarding is available on Mount Snow's 100+ trails. Snowshoe rentals are available at various stores in the valley. Summer attracts the mountain bikers to Mount Snow's lifts and trails.
- Timber Creek. Has a cross-country ski touring center which provides lessons, rentals and maintains the cross-country ski trails.
- Mount Snow. A variety of hiking trails lead up the popular ski mountain. A map can be obtained from the base lodge.
- Long Trail. The Long Trail can be accessed from Stratton-Arlington Road (off Route 100). You can hike or snowshoe up Stratton mountain and ascend one of the taller peaks in Southern Vermont.
- Jamaica State Park. There are some easy hikes leading up to a waterfall in Jamaica State Park in East Jamaica. People will swim or wade in the small pools at the base of the waterfall.
There are lots of great places to eat in the Deerfield Valley. However, during the peak ski season, be prepared to wait or make reservations ahead.
- Dot's. Two locations
- The Silo, Route 100, West Dover, ☎ +1 802 464-2553.
- Two Tannery Road.
- The Maple Leaf Brew Pub.
- The Valley View Saloon.
- The Black Dog Tavern (at The White House Inn), 178 Route 9 East Wilmington VT 05363, toll-free: +1-866-774-2135. Looking for the perfect place to relax and watch the sun set behind the Green Mountains, then the tavern at the White House is difficult to beat.
|Routes through Mount Snow|
|Killington ← Jamaica ←||N S||→ Wilmington → North Adams|