The most interesting thing is the monastery placed at Mount Ostrog. In order to get there, you need to take a bus to Nikšić, they run from Podgorica or from Budva via Podgorica. Tell the driver you are going to the Ostrog Monastery, he will stop in the correct place. From there, you can take a cab for around €10, you can bargain, or hike. It is 8 km of a beautiful walk. It is not difficult as there is a car road, but not recommended when it is very warm. The final part of the way are stone stairs.
Eating options are few, but surprisingly good.
- Kolibe (in the town of Bogetici near the bottom of the mountain), ☎ +382 67 88 81 89. Serves tasty Montenegrin dishes in a scenic restaurant overlooking the valley; accommodation is available too.
- Kafe Restoran Sv Petka Ostrog (in the immediate area of the monastery, hemmed in between shops selling religious nicknacks). It has traditional food, salads, and burgers
- Restoran Tvrdos (in the immediate area of the monastery, hemmed in between shops selling religious nicknacks). Offers diners a pleasant outdoor seating area and grilled dishes.
- Ostrog Monastery's guest house, Bogetići bb, 81400 Niksic, ☎ +382 20 81 11 33, +38220811040, +38268330336, e-mail: email@example.com. The monastery has clean single-sex dorms (29 rooms with 210 beds in total). €5 per person.
- Kolibe (in the town of Bogetici near the bottom of the mountain), ☎ +382 67 88 81 89. The motel consists of bungalows i.e. apartments and rooms. There are 5 bungalows and eight rooms. The bungalows were built of wood. They are equipped with: air-conditioner, mini bar, internet, SAT TV. Two bungalows have four beds and three are with five beds. Two triple rooms and six twin rooms are situated above the restaurant. They are equipped with air conditioner and SAT TV. The bathrooms are not in the rooms, but separated in the hall. Also, automobile race, cycling are organized near the motel.