- Not to be confused with Moldova, the neighbouring country.
- Iași — the main city, former residence of moldavian voivodes, cultural center, university city
- Hîrlău - vineyards of Cotnari nearby
- Huși - vineyards nearby
- Bacău — an important Moldavian city with 200,000 people, village of Ardeoani - George Enescu memorial house
- Slănic Moldova - spa resort with mineral waters
- Focșani - wine region
- Mărășești - known for the fights in the World War I
- Galați — city on the Danube, with almost 300,000 people
- Dorohoi - nearby the village of Ipotești with Mihai Eminescu, romanian national poet, memorial house
- Piatra Neamț - monastery of Bistrița nearby
- Bicaz — a good base for nearby lakes, canyon, and Eastern Carpathians, Izvorul Muntelui lake
- Târgu Neamț - Neamț citadel, Agapia and Neamț monasteries and the memorial house of the famous writer Ion Creangă
- Ceahlău mountain
- Bicaz Gorge (Cheile Bicazului).
- Bicăjel Gorge (Cheile Bicăjelului).
- Șugău Gorge (Cheile Șugăului).
- Piatra Neamţ
- Vatra Dornei
- Piatra Neamţ - Hard enduro contests
Most popular drink in Lower Moldavia (Ţara de Jos a Moldovei) is wine from the vineyars of Cotnari, Panciu, Odobeşti, Huşi.