The Mississippi Capital-River region is in the southwest of Mississippi.
- Jackson - The state capital, with an attractive state capitol building and other attractions.
- Natchez - A beautiful antebellum city with many lovely southern mansions, especially beautiful during the evening and night.
- Port Gibson
- Vicksburg - home of a national military park, as a very important civil war siege took place there, and there are many memorials in a beautiful location overlooking the Mississippi River.
- Natchez Trace Parkway - This 444 mile long parkway is administered by the National Park Service and follows a route dating back hundreds of years. Hiking, Indian mounds, natural history exhibits, and interpretive exhibits make this is leisurely and enjoyable route for motorists.
Places to eat in the region's cities and towns are in the city and town listings.
- Old Country Store 18801 Hwy 61, Loman, Mississippi. On Highway 61 about 40 miles north of Natchez, about 10 miles south of Port Gibson. Good fried chicken.