Milna is a small town on the island of Brac.
Buses run several times a day from Supetar, the village where the ferry docks. Unfortunately, they stop in the late afternoon or early evening -- even in summer!, so you must rent a scooter or car, or take a taxi.
A car rental will let you explore the island and reach idyllic beaches.
As Milna is a rather small place, you can walk everywhere on foot. For more distant trips it is possible to rent a car, a scooter or a mountain bike:
- Car rental eRentaCar, Milna, Riva bb, ☎ +358 99 3000 131. During the main tourist season in summer it is recommended to book in advance.
- Relax at the harbor
- Go to nearby beaches. It is worth walking for the beach out of town, beyond the Marina. It is also possible to relax in the shadow of pine trees there. Further on, where the dirt road replaces the asphalt one, the beach becomes more rocky and wild. Nice beaches are also south of Milna, for example in Osibova bay.
- Hike or cycle along the shore or inland on small roads between the olive groves
- Visit the small galleries
- Walk through the old streets of this village
- Take beautiful photos of old stone houses, sky and sea
- Listen to music on summer evenings
Vino, port wine, Karlovacko, fresh fish and the best cafe lattes East of Italy! Fresh produce market daily. Home made wine and brandy.
- Restaurant Plaza. 8:00-23:00. As a part of the Illyrian apartment resort, the restaurant's terrace is located directly at the beach shaded by a pine forest. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners in the Mediterranean style (including tasty pizza) are offered by friendly staff.
For renting of a local apartments you can contact the local tourist information or some of the locals rent out their apartments in the summer.
- Serenity Retreat. Glorious harbor views from gorgeous stone apartments on hill in old town; terraces; barbeque; garden. 30 seconds from the harbour. Milna-born host.