The name Mille Lacs is French for "one thousand lakes". Mille Lacs Lake is the second-largest inland lake in Minnesota, covering 207 square miles.
- Mille Lacs Indian Museum, 43411 Oodena Dr, Vineland, ☎ +1 320 532-3632. Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day: Tu-Sa 11AM-4PM; April-May and Sep-Oct: W-Sa 11AM-4PM. A museum covering the history of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. $8 adults, $7 seniors/students, $6 children 6-17, free for children 5 and under.
- Garrison Concourse Wayside Park, US Hwy 169 at Central St, Garrison. Scenic overlook on Mille Lacs Lake. There is a giant walleye sculpture in the middle of the park.
- Mille Lacs Lake Historical Society Museum, 415 4th Ave S, Isle, ☎ +1 320 676-3945. May-Sep: F 10AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-4PM, Su 1PM-3PM. Small museum covering the farming, fur trading, logging, and railroad building that took place in the Mille Lacs area.
- Grand Casino Mille Lacs, 777 Grand Ave, Vineland, toll-free: +1 800 626-5825. Casino resort run by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe.
- Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Traditional Powwow (Iskigamizigan Powwow), 1500 Shaw Bosh Kung Drive, Vineland, ☎ +1 320-532-7517. Friday-Saturday-Sunday of the 3rd weekend of August.
- Tutt's Bait & Tackle, 27358 MN Hwy 18, Garrison, ☎ +1 320 692-4341. Open daily, hours vary by season. Large selection of bait and tackle, along with other fishing, hunting, and camping supplies.
- Country Corner Cafe, 485 Main St W, Isle, ☎ +1 320 676-8547. Small country diner in Isle.
- Y Club, MN Hwy 18 and US Hwy 169, Garrison, ☎ +1 320 692-4445. M-Th 11AM-11PM, F-Sa 11AM-2AM, Su 9AM-11PM. Steaks, seafood, and sandwiches.
- Garrison Inn & Suites, 9243 US Hwy 169, Garrison, ☎ +1 320 692-4050, toll-free: +1 800 817-5408. Free wireless internet and continental breakfast. Heated indoor pool. $90+.
- Red Door Resort, 38421 MN Hwy 18, Wealthwood, ☎ +1 218 678-3686, toll-free: +1 866 444-2453. Resort on the north shore of Mille Lacs with eleven cabins (two bedroom or three bedroom) and ten motel rooms. Both cabins and motel rooms come with full bath, satellite TV, and air conditioning; cabins come with full kitchen. Boat launch and restaurant on site. Two-bedroom cabins $150, three-bedroom cabins $170, motel rooms $70.
|Routes through Mille Lacs|
|Grand Rapids ← Aitkin ←||N S||→ Princeton → Minneapolis|
|Ends at ← Brainerd ←||W E||→ Sandstone → Ends at|
|Alexandria ← Little Falls ←||W E||→ Moose Lake → Ends at|
|Ends at ← Aitkin ←||N S||→ Ogilvie → Minneapolis|