Miles City is a city in Montana. The population was 8,410 at the 2010 census.
Miles City was an important cattle town in the late 1800s. There is still a strong cowboy culture. The "World Famous Bucking Horse Sale" in May sells horses for rodeos. It is heavily attended, including by celebrities.
Interstate 94, US-12, and Montana Highway 59 travel through Miles City.
Miles City Airport has scheduled service to Billings and Glendive.
Most businesses are on the two main roads in Miles City - Main and Haynes. Exit 138 is Haynes. This street has many of the chain motels and newer businesses. It intersects with Main at the Pine Hills Detention Center.
Exit 135 is Main St. After driving past the fish hatchery, Range Riders Museum and the fairgrounds, you enter the historic area of Miles City. There are hotels, restaurants, bars and retail shops for about 7 blocks. After going under the railroad tracks, you enter the residential portion of the street. There are many National Registered Historic locations. The street ends when it intersects with Haynes. Taking a right onto Haynes will lead back to the Interstate.
- Range Riders Museum, 435 LP Anderson Rd (off the west end of Main St), ☎ +1 406 232-6146. Apr–Oct: 8AM-6PM daily.
- Custer County Art & Heritage Center, Water Plant Rd, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Oct-Apr: Tu-Su 1PM-5PM; May-Sep: Tu-Su 9AM-5PM. Free.
- Medicine Rock State Park, 1141 Hwy 7, Ekalaka, ☎ +1 406 234-0900, e-mail: email@example.com. Visitors enjoy photography, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing, picnicking and camping in this remote state park.
- Miles City Town and Country Club, 4th and Eagle, ☎ +1 406 234-1600, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Golf, full bar, restaurant
- Pirogue Island State Park (head west on Main St to Valley Drive, take right, drive about 2.5 miles), ☎ +1 406 234-0900, e-mail: email@example.com. 2.8 miles of designated hiking trails, visitors can easily walk throughout the entire 269 acres. Do not cross water if flowing.
- Creative Metal Works, 2906 Valley Dr E (I-94 Exit 138. Go north on Haynes Ave until it dead-ends at Valley Dr E), ☎ +1 406 234-4022. M-F 9AM-4PM.
- Ravishing Fine Fashions for Women, 1819 Main St, ☎ +1 406 234-2769.
- Unique Creations, 3010 Stower St, ☎ +1 406 234-1008. Gifts, specialty coffee and tea
- Airport Inn, Hwy 59 North / Yellowstone Hill, ☎ +1 406 234-9977. 11AM-10PM daily. Pizza, burgers, outdoor patio
- Hole in the Wall, 602 Main St, ☎ +1 406 234-9887. Steaks and seafood
- Mexico Lindo Mexican Restaurant, 501 Main St, ☎ +1 406 234-3485.
- Montana's Rib and Chop House, 3020 Stower, ☎ +1 406 234-9200. Steaks and fish Fine dining.
- Montana Bar, 612 Main St, ☎ +1 406 234-0100.
- Texas Club, 716 Main St, ☎ +1 406 234-0100.
- Tongue River Vineyard and Winery, 99 Morning Star Ln, ☎ +1 406 853-1028, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 2000 gallons of wine yearly— red and white, sweet and dry, grape and fruit wines and unusual blends
- Trails Inn Bar, 607 Main St, ☎ +1 406 234-2922. Comedy shows
- Best Western, 1015 S Haynes Ave, ☎ +1 406 234-4560. hot breakfast, indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub; high speed internet, business center, airport service, and in-room coffee
- Horton House Bed and Breakfast, 1918 Main St, ☎ +1 406 234-4422, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Yellowstone Bluffs B&B, PO Box 1499, ☎ +1 406 234-8012, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- Miles City Chamber of Commerce, 511 Pleasant St, ☎ +1 406 234-2890, e-mail: email@example.com.
|Routes through Miles City|
|Billings ← Forsyth ←||W E||→ Glendive → Dickinson|
|Helena ← Forsyth ←||W E||→ Bowman → Aberdeen|