The Dow Chemical Company was founded in Midland in 1897 and its world headquarters are still located here.
MBS International Airport (IATA: MBS) is located in nearby Freeland, about midway between Midland, Bay City, and Saginaw. The airport is served by United Express flights from Chicago-O'Hare, plus Delta Connection flights from Detroit and Minneapolis/St. Paul, plus seasonal flights from Atlanta.
Off US Highway 10 west of I-75.
You will need your car.
- Midland Center For The Arts (MCFTA), 1801 Saint Andrews Street, ☎ +1 989 631-8250.
- The Tridge. A three spoked footbridge over the Chippewa and Tittabawassee Rivers
- Dow Gardens, 1809 Eastman Avenue, ☎ +1 989 631-2677. landscaped botanical garden. $5.
- Alden Dow House and Studio, 315 Post Street, ☎ +1 989 839-2744. One of many buildings in the town designed by the architect Alden B. Dow.
- Currie Municipal Golf Course, 1300 Currie Parkway, ☎ +1 989 839-9600. This course is intermittently unavailable while they perform maintenance.
- Pere Marquette Rail-Trail. 28 mile walking and cycling trail from Midland to Loomis
- Pis Chinese Restaurant, 1815 S. Saginaw Rd., ☎ +1 989 832-5848. Nice local restaurant.
- Villa D'Alessandro (Tuscany Banquet Hall), 801 E Wackerly St, ☎ +1 989 631-3821. 11:00-14:00, 16:00-22:00. Villa D'Alessandro is a very nice Italian fine dining restaurant with amazing food. In the summer, sit outside near the fountain surrounded by vine wrapped walls. about $25 per person.
- Cafe Zinc, 111 West Main Street, ☎ +1 989 837-6030.
- Frick's Bar, 4408 N Saginaw Rd, ☎ +1 989 631-2791. Largest bar in town. Plenty of pool tables. Drinks are reasonably priced.
- Oscar's Restaurant and Entertainment, 140 E Main St, ☎ +1 989 837-8680. Great burgers. Big screen televisions make it a great place to watch the game.
- Hampton Inn, 6701 Eastman Avenue, ☎ +1 989 837-4000.
- The H Hotel, 111 West Main Street, ☎ +1 989 839-0500.
- Holiday Inn Midland, 810 Cinema Drive, ☎ +1 989 794-8500.
|Routes through Midland|
|Ludington ← Clare ←||W E||→ Bay City → END|
|Jct ← Mount Pleasant ←||W E||→ END|
|END ←||N S||→ Saginaw → END|