The Middle Atlas region of Morocco covers the mountain range as well as nearby cities such as Fez and Meknes.
- Fez - Fez is the former capital of Morocco and one of the oldest and largest medieval cities in the world
- Ifrane - A sleepy and scenic mountain town, home to the prestigious Al-Akhawayn University.
- Itzer - Itzer, a small Berber town southeast of Azrou, overlooks a plateau and the Middle and High Atlas Mountains
- Meknes - A modern, laid back city that offers a welcome break from the tourist crush of nearby Fez
- Volubilis - a partly excavated Roman city with UNESCO World Heritage status, one of the main tourist sites to visit in Morocco
- Zaouiate Oued Ifrane - An actual sleepy and extremely scenic Berber village nestled into the Mid-Atlas.
- AFC Middle Atlas Treks, Itzer, ☎ +212 66 76 55 68. Enjoy traditional meals, 2 nights lodging in a Berber home, a full day of hiking in one of the Middle Atlas region's most beautiful valleys, and optional cultural activities in the evening. Trek for a good cause, as all profits support the community development projects of Association Atlas... Fil et Couleur. 240 dh.