Mid-Ohio includes the central portion of the state of Ohio.
- Auglaize County
- Belmont County
- Carroll County
- Champaign County
- Clark County
- Coshocton County
- Darke County
- Delaware County
- Franklin County
- Guernsey County
- Harrison County
- Holmes County - Ohio's Amish Country
- Jefferson County
- Knox County
- Licking County
- Logan County
- Madison County
- Marion County
- Miami County
- Mercer County
- Morrow County
- Muskingum County
- Shelby County
- Tuscarawas County
- Union County
State Parks and Resort Lodges
For camping and getaway rental reservations on any of Ohio's Parks tel. 1-866-644-6727.
- Alum Creek State Park, Delaware County, 3615 S. Old State Road, Delaware, 289 family campsites acres of water, 289 campsites, volleyball courts, beach, basketball, horseshoe courts, and playground equipment. Four acre dog park with water access, forty miles of horse/hiking trails along the lakeshore, primitive camping for horsepeople, two mountain bike trails, 3,387 acre lake with unlimited horsepower, hunting, fishing, picnic areas, tables, grills, restrooms, 3,000-foot beach, changing area and concession stand.
- Barkcamp State Park, Belmont County, south of I-70, exit 208, off of SR 147 at Belmont Lake, about 20 miles west of the West Virginia/Ohio State lines. 125 electrified campsites, hot showers, tables, firerings, two wheelchair accessible sites, 25-site horseman's camp, horse washing station, accessible mounting ramp, pet camping, two deluxe Camper Cabins, boats with electric motors only, boat tie-ups, launch ramp, boat rentals, fishing, hunting, 700-foot beach, seven picnic areas, tables, grills, water, latrines, picnic shelterhouses, miles of hiking trails and a barn with naturalist activities and historical displays.
- Buck Creek State Park, Clark County, northeast of Springfield and north of exit 59 on SR 41. 111 campsites, 89 have electricity, showers, pet camping, boat camping, 26 family cottages, two bedrooms, bath, shower, living room, trundle bed, complete kitchen, dining area, screened porch, gas log fireplaces, and air conditioning. 2,120-acre lake, four-lane launch ramp, marina, fuel, snack bar, bait shop and seasonal dock rental. Hunting, fishing, swimming, 2,400-foot sand beach, picnic areas, tables, grills, two picnic shelters. 7.5 miles of hiking trails, bird watching, scenic 7.5-mile bridle trail is open to snowmobiling, bike rentals, campers' beach, volleyball, basketball courts, tetherball, horseshoe pits, shuffleboard and playground equipment.
- Blue Rock State Park, southeastern Muskingum County, southeast of Zanesville off of Route 60. 94 non-electric campsites, pet camping, latrines, picnic tables, water, dump station, fire rings, showers, beach, bathhouse, three camper cabins, camp store, 15-acre lake, fishing, hunting, several miles of hiking trails, horsemen - 26 miles of bridle trails, volleyball, basketball courts, horseshoe pit, playground, all adjacent to the 4,573 acres, Blue Rock State Forest.
- Delaware State Park, Delaware County, 5202 U.S. 23 North, Delaware, PH:740-369-2761, . 211 electric sites suitable for tents or trailers. Flush toilets, showers, laundry facilities and a dump station. Boat launch, beach, fishing. About 20 miles North of Columbus of SR 23.
- Dillon State Park, northwest Muskingum County, northwest of Zanesville on Route 146. Cottages 29 family cottages, air conditioning, cable television, gas heat, two bedrooms, bath, living room, all-electric kitchen, dining area, screened porch, linens, towels, kitchen utensils furnished. Camping: 195 campsites, 183 have electric, flush toilets, showers, dump station, commissary, laundromat. Boating, unlimited horsepower, two boat ramps, one hundred 20 and 24 foot docks for rent, nightly docks, 1,360-foot swimming beach, fishing, hunting, lighted trap and skeet fields with high, low, and combination houses, 100-yard rifle range, 25-yard pistol range with firing line shelter, restrooms and meeting space and 15 miles of wooded bridle trails.
- Grand Lake St. Marys, Mercer County, west of Wapakoneta and south of Route 29. 204 campsites, 166 are equipped with electricity. Facilities include flush toilets, laundry, showers, pet camping, swimming beach, boat launch, boat docks/tie-ups, five air-conditioned Camper Cabins, two spacious Cedar Cabins, naturalist scheduled programs, movies, Friday through Sunday night, boats have no limits on horsepower, seven launch ramps, fuel, boat rentals, seasonal dock rentals are available, wildlife refuge, fishing, hunting, 90 seasonal duck blinds, two public swimming beaches, camp store, games, bike and canoe rentals, miniature golf course, basketball, volleyball courts, horseshoe pits and playground equipment.
- Indian Lake State Park, Logan County, 12774 State Route 235 N, Lakeview. 441 campsites suitable for tents/trailers. Beach, boat ramp, boat docks, 5,800-acre lake, unlimited horsepower boating, seasonal naturalist program, playgrounds, miniature golf, basketball, volleyball, bicycle and boat rental.
- Kiser Lake State Park, north Champaign County, east of Sidney on Route 235. 10 electric campsites, 108 non-electric sites, picnic tables, fire rings, group camp, sailing, motors not permitted, launch ramp, public docks, two boat rentals, fishing, hunting, 5.1 of hiking trails, seven miles of horse trails, 600-foot swimming beach, refreshment stand, scuba diving is permitted, volleyball court, playground, horseshoe court, and Nature Center.
- Lake Loramie State Park, Shelby County, 4401 Ft. Loramie Swanders Rd., Minster. 161 campsites with electrical hookups, may are staded waterfront sites, showers, flush toilets, boat tie-ups, unlimited horsepower boat motors, dock rentals, launch ramps, fishing, hunting, eight miles of trail and a 600-foot sandy beach.
- Mt. Gilead State Park, Morrow County, 4119 State Route 95, Mount Gilead. 59 year around camp sites with electrical hookups, two small lakes, double volleyball court, horseshoe pits and playground.
- Salt Fork State Park and Resort Lodge, northern Guernsey County, southeast of Cambridge. Exit 47 off of I-77 to Route 22 East. to Route 285 North. Lodge: 148 guest rooms, dining room, coffee shop, snack bar, gift shop, lounge and lobby areas, indoor game area, meeting rooms, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sauna, tennis, volleyball, basketball, shuffleboard courts, 400-foot swimming beach, boat launching and docking facilities. Cottages: Thirty-seven two-bedroom cottages, fully furnished living and dining areas, kitchen, cooking and eating utensils, bath, shower, screened porch. Seventeen chalet cottages, gas log fireplaces and hot tubs, available year-round. Camping: 192 sites with electricity, twenty full-service campsites offer sewer and water hookups, heated shower houses, flush toilets, dump station, a separate beach, boat launching and docking facilities for campers. Pet camping. Other amenities: 18-hole golf course,golf shop, snack bar, driving range and putting green. Fishing, hunting, 2,500-foot beach, bathhouse, showers, lockers, toilets and snack bar, two marinas, 469 rental docks, comfort stations, gasoline fuel stations, parking facilities, concession areas, variety of rental boats.
The mailing address and actual location of these parks may be two different locations: For more detailed information on these and other Ohio State Parks, contact the Ohio Department of Natural Resources - Division of Parks and Recreation. Click here.
- Koi make up part of Ohio's inland aquaculture commodities and are shipped live all over the world. Visitors to Koi farms from Japan and Israel are common. Ohio is on the front lines of development/implimentation of fish vaccine to treat forms of fish herpes/HIV that is threatening aquaculture worldwide.
- Port Columbus International Airport, CMH, .
- James M. Cox Dayton International Airport (DAY) is located in the northern part of the metropolitan area. Nonstop service is available to Atlanta, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Denver, Detroit, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Newark, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, St. Louis and Washington, D.C. Dayton is the nation's number one 90-minute air market, meaning the city can be reached in 90 minutes or less by 55 percent of the population.
- Ohio Caverns, southeast Logan County. South of Bellfontaine and 4 miles east of West Liberty on SR 245. 1+937-465-4017
- Zane Caverns, nortneast of Bellfontaine.
- Olentangy Indian Caverns, southwest Delaware County, west of SR 23.
- Adena Mansion and Gardens, Adena Road,outside of Chillicothe
- Chillocothe Railroad Museum, Corner of Paint/Water Streets.
- Hopewell Culture National Historical Park
- James A. Thomas Telephone Museum, 68 East Main St.
- Dr. John D. Harris Dental Museum, 209 Main Street, Bainbdidge
- Lucy Hayes Heritage Center, 90 West Sixth St.,
- Columbus Museum of Art, 480 East Broad Street
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, 9990 Riverside Dr.
- COSI, 333 West Broad Street.
- Franklin Park Conservatory
- Ohio Craft Museum, 1665 West Fifth Avenue.
- Ohio Statehouse, downtown intersection of Broad/High St.
- Amish & Mennonite Heritage Center, 5798 County Road 77
- Motorcycle Hall of Fame and Museum, 13515 Yarmouth Dr.
- Mohican State Park and Lodge, southern Ashland County. Lodge: 96 air-conditioned rooms, private balcony, color television. The lodge has private meeting, banquet rooms, dining room, sauna, gift shop, lounge, olympic-size indoor and outdoor pools. Cabins: Twenty-five two-bedroom family cottages, heated, utensils, towels, bed linens and blankets Camping: 120 campsites, electricity, fire rings, picnic tables, full service hookups available at 33 campsites. The main campground has showers, flush toilets, dump station. Hemlock Grove campground has 24 non-electric sites, pit latrines, tables and fire rings. Two camper cabins, equipped with bunk, double beds, a mini refrigerator and fan, can be rented. Other amenities: 13 miles of trails, forest, two waterfalls, scenic wooden bridge and lake.