- Ascona — known sometimes as the Swiss Riviera
- Bellinzona — the capital of the canton
- Chiasso — is the southernmost town in Switzerland, it is surrounded on three sides by Italy
- Locarno — is the town at the shore of Lago Maggiore
- Lugano — is the largest city in the canton, it is located at the shore of homonymous lake. There is a pleasant waterfront there, stunning lake views and steep hillsides.
- Verzasca Valley
- Bellinzona e Alto Ticino
- Lago di Lugano
- Lago Maggiore e Valli
- Museum of fossils from Monte San Giorgio, Via Bernardo Peyer 9, 6866 Meride, ☎ +41 (0)91 640 00 80. Tu-Su 09:00 – 17:00. Monte San Giorgio is a mountain at the Italian border inscribed at the UNESCO World Heritage List for it "is the single best known record of marine life in the Triassic period, and records important remains of life on land as well." The museum displays a collection of fossilized animals and plants from this region. CHF 12.
Ticino has a full range of accommodations including hotels, holiday houses, hostels, huts, campsites and agritourism stays.