- By bus
- Maynooth is served by Greyhound Canada three times weekly (Sun, Wed, Fri) in each direction: north to Pembroke, south to Peterborough, stopping in every village. From these endpoints, it is possible to transfer for Ottawa and Toronto respectively.
Maynooth itself is extremely small and everything there is within easy walking distance.
Maynooth is a good place to base visits to Algonquin Provincial Park with beautiful Canoeing, Kayaking, Camping and Hiking,
The local youth hostel provides trips to the park, which is otherwise a short car ride away.
- There is a small grocery store with plentiful stock. Comparatively expensive but still okay value.
- There is a local Arts store.
There is a local café serving treats.
The local hostel owners have set up a pub for both guests and non-guests.
- Arlington Hotel and Pub, 32990 Highway 62, Maynooth (at Old Hastings Rd/Hwy 127), ☎ +1 613 338-2080. Check-in: 2PM-midnight, check-out: 11AM. Hostel in century-old building. Hiking, mountain biking and canoeing trips to Algonquin Park for $40 per person per day. Free wi-fi. $20 shared dorms, $30 private singles, $52 private doubles; non-HI members $5-6 extra per night.
The Local Library has free internet.
- Renfrew and Pembroke are about an hour and a half away
- Belleville and Peterborough are less than two hours away
- Ottawa and Toronto are approximately 4 hours away.
|Routes through Maynooth|
|Barry's Bay (ENDS at Hwy 60) ← CR 62 ←||E S||→ Bancroft → Belleville|