Marshfield is a town on the South Shore of Massachusetts in Plymouth County. It includes the villages of Brant Rock, Green Harbor, Ocean Bluffs, North Marshfield, and Marshfield Hills. It is best known as the home of Daniel Webster an important national political figure from 1832 until his death in 1852. He was also known as "the farmer of Marshfield." Marshfield has a yearly population of 25,000 people which grows to about 40,000 during the summer because of its location on the coast.
Marshfield is on Route 3. From Boston go south on Interstate 93, then south on Route 3.
The MBTA has stops in North Scituate and greenbush (town next to marshfield.) South Station to Greenbush one way for adults $6.75 South Station to North Scituate one way adults $6.25 Children under 12 free with an adult.
Taxi, Traveler Transportation 781-834-1900
- Isaac Winslow House, 634 Careswell Street, ☎ +1 781 837-5753. W-Su 10AM-4PM. A 1700 vintage mansion of a Mayflower family. Also a law office owned by Daniel Webster, a carriage house containing one of his phaetons, a blacksmith shop, and a 1645 schoolhouse. $3/$1.
- Bigfish II Sportfishing Charters, 74 Eames Way, ☎ +1 781 834-7504, fax: +1 781-834-9509.
- Green Harbor Golf Club, 624 Webster St, ☎ +1 781 834-7303. 18 holes, 6,245 yards.
- Marshfield Fair, end of august at the marshfield fair grounds, lasts about 10 days, rides, games and food.
- Brant Rock Beach runs parallel to Rt. 139. It is pebbly and narrow at high tide. A general store and ice cream shops are nearby. There is a parking lot available for non-residents. Lifeguards in summer. Smaller private beach in Brant Rock called Blue fish Cove- go around the esplenade, bear right, straight until end of road and take a left then first right, there is a huge rock that you can jump off of during high tide, tons of people, really fun!
- Green Harbor Beach is a long sandy beach. Parking at the Green Harbor Lobster Pound is $15 weekdays, $20 on weekends and holidays.
- Rexhame Beach is a sandy beach on the northern coast of Marshfield. Snack bar and restrooms. Lifeguards in summer. Restaurant and stores are nearby on Ocean Street. A 25 non-resident parking spaces are available. M-F $10; Sa-Su $15.
- Humarock Beach, long sandy beach but pebbly at high tide, right off of ferry St turn right on fiver st, parking available, Sands End restaurant, convenient store and ice cream shop across from parking lot. Small, but good food, cheap prices!
- Bikeway, Marshfield Plaza, Phone: +1 781-837-2453.
- Brant Rock Fish Market, 267 Ocean St., Phone: +1 781-834-6231.
- Webster Square Shopping Plaza, Marshalls, Radio Shack, The Job Lot, Star Market and Family Dollar.
- CVS, 1880 Ocean Street +1 781-837-5381
- Rite Aid 1900 Ocean Street, +1 781-319-0012
- Shore Things, 263 Ocean St Phone: +1 781-834-4877. Full Time hours memorial day-labor day. Year round Sat & Sun 1-4. This is a boutique like beach shop that sells beach accessories, jewelry, gifts, t shirts, etc.
- Mono Mono, 1871A Ocean St. Phone: +1 781-837-6565 Open Wed-Sat 11am-6pm. Boutique/gift shop, Special occasion gifts. Very cute moderately priced accessories, jewelry, etc.
- The Bridgewaye Inn, 1265 Ferry St, ☎ +1 781 834-6505. Humarock. American. $12-$18.
- The Restaurant at the Fairview Inn, 133 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781 834-9144. Brant Rock.
- Arthur & Pats Restaurant, 239 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781 834-9755. Daily 6:30AM-3PM. Brant Rock. $6-$12.
- Green Harbor Lobster Pound, 131 Beach Street, ☎ +1 781 834-4571. Daily 11AM-8PM. Take out. Cash and checks only.
- Mama Mia's, 928 Plain Street, ☎ +1 781 834-3050. Italian.
- Fieldston Restaurant, 882 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781 834-2909. Tu-Su 5:30PM-10PM. $8-$14.
- Hong Kong Restaurant, 1907 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781 834-0058. M-Sa 11AM-1:30AM, Su 12PM-12AM. Chinese. Take-out only.
- Pizzings, 1840 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781-834-3040. Open Daily 11-10. Moderate Prices, $10-30. Casual restaurant, known for wings also has pizza, calzones, pasta, soups and salads and burgers. Dine in and take out.
- Cravings Cafe, 1853 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781-834-1853. Open Sunday-Thursday 7am-9pm Friday & Saturday 7 AM-10PM Delivery starts at 11am. Gourmet sandwiches, pizza and deserts. Dine in and take out.
- Famous Pizza, 1941 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781-834-4587. Known for Gourmet pizzas, also has great calzones, grinders, salads, pasta, roll-ups, entrees and other sides. This is a go to place in marshfield.
- The Tavern, ☎ +1 781-837-0000. Proprietors Green, Open Daily 11:30-1am Lunch 11:30-4 Dinner 4-10. Great American and Italian food, large menu. Casual dining, bar and live entertainment occasionally.
- Mandarin Tokyo, 43 Careswell St, ☎ +1 781-837-4440. Open mon-thurs 11:30-10 Fri & Sat 11:30-10:30 Sun 12-10. Chinese and Japanese restaurant.
- The Ocean Deck, 239 Dyke Rd, ☎ +1 339-793-2899. Open Mon-Wed & Sun 11:30 - 9 Thurs-Sat 11:30-10. New restaurant has become a very popular spot, great seafood and American food. Dine in or take out. Right on the peir.
- Green Harbor Lobster Pound right across the bridge at green harbor beach, awesome chicken nuggets and fries to grab if your hungry at the beach, and really cheap!
- First Stop Coffee Shop, 2084 Ocean Street, ☎ +1 781-834-3991. Drive thru only. Great coffee, affordable, also has bagels, pastries, donuts some sandwiches and other specialty drinks.
- The Corner Cafe, 2000 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781-837-8150. Breakfast, lunch and dinners to go. Moderate prices $10-30 Dine in or take out.
- Mug’n Muffin, ☎ +1 781-837-6668. Marshfield Webster Square, 7 Snow Rd Mon-Fri 6am-8pm Sat 6am-5pm Sun 7am-5pm. Known for their breakfast, also serve lunch, inexpensive. Casual dine in setting.
- The Latest Scoop, Ice Cream shop, 263 Ocean Street, 781-837-7705, small but cute ice cream shop right on the esplanade going to brant rock beach, known for their great ice cream selection!
- Dairy Queen, 914 Webster Street, ☎ +1 781-837-4150. Its located in the center of marshfield.
- Rafferty's Pub, ☎ +1 781 837-3389. Snow Road.
- Road House, 1140 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781 834-4556.
- Venus II Restaurant and Sports Bar, 277 Ocean Street, ☎ +1 781 837-6368. Very friendly, overlooking the coast of the Atlantic. Great food and drink, live entertainment six days a week.
- No clubs in Marshfield but The Venus, The Ocean Deck and the Tavern all have bars that are very popular spots on Fridays and Saturdays, all close at 1AM.
- The Fairview Inn, 133 Ocean St. Brant Rock, Phone: 834-9144.
- The Bridgewaye Inn, 1265 Ferry St, ☎ +1 781 834-6505. Humarock. 4 rooms with ocean views.
- Marshfield Inn, 7 Old Plain Street, toll-free: +1-877-747-8713. Check-in: 11am, check-out: 10am. Within 10 minutes of Hanover.
Bed and Breakfast
- The Beach House, 227 Foster Avenue, ☎ +1 781 837-1316.
- Judy's Brant Rock B&B, 165 Ocean St, ☎ +1 781 837-3218.
- Village B&B, 215 Old Main St, ☎ +1 781 834-6193.
|Routes through Marshfield|
|Boston ← Scituate ←||N S||→ Duxbury → Plymouth|
|Stoughton ← Hanover ←||W E||→ Duxbury → Ends at|