Named after Jared Mansfield, Surveyor General of the United States in the early 19th century, the city sits on a fork of the Mohican River in the western foothills of the Allegheny Plateau, a hilly region surrounded by fertile farmlands and its elevation is among the highest of Ohio cities. The highest elevation in Mansfield is at the Woodland Reservoir (1,492.66 feet or 454.96 meters above sea level), which is on the southwest side of the city. The elevation of Central Park, which is on the square in downtown Mansfield is 1,242.66 feet or 378.76 meters above sea level. Mansfield is known as The Heart of Ohio but is also known as the Carousel Capital of Ohio, Danger City, The Fun Center of Ohio and Racing Capital of Ohio.
Tourist information center
- Mansfield/Richland County Convention and Visitors Bureau, 124 N. Main St, toll-free: +1-800-642-8282, fax: +1 419-524-7722.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (IATA:CLE), PH:(216)-265-6030. . Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is Cleveland's main airport, located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is a hub for United Airlines as well.
- Mansfield Lahm Airport (IATA:MFD), 2000 Harrington Memorial Rd, ☎ +1 419 522-2191. Mansfield. Mansfield Lahm Airport is a city-owned, joint civil-military, public-use airport, located on the north side of the city.
- Port Columbus International Airport (IATA: CMH), 4600 International Gateway, Columbus, PH:(614)-239-4083, . Port Columbus International Airport is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- Interstate 71. Mansfield can be accessed by I-71 which provides connection to Cleveland to the northeast and Columbus and Cincinnati to the southwest, ultimately running its course into Kentucky southwest to Louisville.
- U.S. Route 30 carries the Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway along it length through Mansfield. The freeway provides connection to Wooster, Canton and Pittsburgh to the east and Ontario, Bucyrus and Fort Wayne to the west.
- U.S. Route 42 goes through Mansfield and the downtown district. It provides connection to Ashland to the northeast and Lexington and Mount Gilead to the southwest.
- Ohio State Route 13 goes through Mansfield and the downtown Historic Carrousel District. It provides connection to Bellville to the south and Norwalk and Sandusky to the north.
- Ohio State Route 39 goes through Mansfield and by the downtown Historic Carrousel District. It provides connection to Shelby to the northwest and Lucas and Amish Country to the southeast.
- Ohio State Route 309 starts out at U.S. Route 30 near the Home Road overpass in Mansfield. It provides connection to Ontario and Galion to the west.
- Ohio State Route 430 goes through Mansfield and the downtown business district. It provides connection to Ontario to the west and Mifflin to the east.
- Ohio State Route 545 starts out at Ohio State Route 39 in Mansfield. It provides connection to Olivesburg and Savannah to the northeast.
- Richland County Transit (RCT), 232 N. Main St, ☎ +1 419 522-4504, fax: +1 419-522-3157. RCT operates local bus service five days a week, except for Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays. The RCT bus line operates 12 fixed routes within the cities of Mansfield and Ontario and Madison Township which provide a transportation network that can take you to work, school, appointments, or shopping.
- C & D Taxi, 201 Park Ave. East, ☎ +1 419 756-3333.
- Mansfield Checker Cab, 147 N. Adams St, ☎ +1 419 522-2222, fax: +1 419-589-2288. If you wish to get a cab in the Mansfield area, you have to call for one. At the minimum you should call 30 minutes before you need a ride.
- 179th Airlift Wing of the Ohio Air National Guard, 1947 Harrington-Memorial Rd (Located at Mansfield Lahm Airport), ☎ +1 419 520-6420. Base of huge C-130 aircraft and crews. Annual Air show in July.
- Biblewalk (The Living Bible Museum), 500 Tingley Ave, ☎ +1 419 524-0139, toll-free: +1-800-222-0139, fax: +1 419-524-2002, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours are M-Sa 9AM-6PM, Su 3PM-7PM. Ohio's only life-sized wax museum, with over seventy scenes and 300+ wax figures featuring original music and narration to bring Biblical scenes to life. Also features a live Christian dinner theater and other attractions.
- Equestrian Valley Farm (Equestrian Valley Farm), 2495 Crimson Road, Mansfield, OH 44903, ☎ +1 419 589-5161. Take a trail ride on horseback on an historic Mohican style farm - established in 1815. The house - built in 1825 - overlooks the pond and adjacent pastures. This 200 acre farm has trails on scenic rolling hills through open pastures and beautiful forests.
- Kingwood Center, 900 Park Ave. W., ☎ +1 419 522-0211, e-mail: email@example.com. 47 Acres of gardens on former estate, a favorite spot for orchardists, gardeners and photography. A true family spot.
- Mansfield Motorsports Park, 100 Crall Road East, ☎ +1 419 524-0183. Newer NASCAR track, building a new 1/4 mile drag stip. Very nice facility, very clean. Off of SR 545 or SR 13.
- Mansfield Reformatory Preservation Project, 100 Reformatory Rd., (just off SR 545), ☎ +1 419 522-2644, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The cornerstone for this building was laid in 1886. The Reformatory has since closed and the building is being preserved. Scenes from several movies have been filmed there and other activities and tours take place throughout the year.
- Oak Hill Cottage, 310 Springmill St, ☎ +1 419 524-1765, e-mail: email@example.com. When you phone, ask for Anka Hall, Guild Director to schedule a tour. Current tours are on Su from 2PM to 5PM through Dec 30 and daily for groups by special appointment. Closed Jan through Mar. The tour is $3 donation for adults and $1 for children 12 and under.
- Richland Carrousel Park, 75 N. Main St, ☎ +1 419 522-4223, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Located on the southwest corner of W. 4th St. and N. Main St. in the Historic Carrousel District in downtown Mansfield.
- Richland B & O Bike Trail, ☎ +1 419 884-3764. The bike trail is over 18 miles long, paved on the abandoned Ohio B & O Rail Road bed. It is well maintained and protected. It runs from Mansfield to Butler through one of Ohio's most scenic areas.
- The Renaissance, 138 Park Ave. West, ☎ +1 419 522-2726, fax: +1 419-524-7005. The 1,600 seat theatre opened on January 19, 1928 as the Ohio Theatre and serves today as the largest performing arts center in North-Central Ohio.
- Mansfield Playhouse, 95 East 3rd St (Mansfield, OH 44902), ☎ +1 419 522-2883. Vary. The second oldest, and largest continually producing Community Theater in Ohio, the Mansfield Playhouse has been in it's current location for over 40 years. With an aggressive season consisting of 6 Main Stage shows, 2 Youth Theater shows, and 2 Second Stage shows, the playhouse is active from early August to late May. $10-$15.
- Richland County Fair, 750 N. Home Rd, ☎ +1 419 747-3717, fax: +1 419 747-7141. The fair is usually held during the first full week of August or sometimes in some years the fair is held during the second full week of August.
- Ashland University Dwight Schar College of Nursing & Health Sciences, 1020 S. Trimble Rd. (On the University's Balgreen Campus at the southwest corner of Trimble Rd and Marion Ave), ☎ +1 419 521-6800, fax: +1 419 521-6826.
- Pioneer Career & Technology Center, 27 Ryan Rd., Shelby, Ohio, ☎ +1 419 347-7744, toll-free: +1-877-818-7282, fax: +1 419 347-4977, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Alpaca Meadows, 1200 Rock Rd, ☎ +1 419 529-8152. Alpaca Meadows Farm & Fiber Studio is a local alpaca farm that offers alpaca products including yarn, fiber, and fiber art equipment. They also host various events, including tours and art classes.
- Historic Carrousel District. Located in the heart of downtown Mansfield features eateries and coffee shops, small antique, craft and gift shops and more. It is what turned the downtown around.
- Jones Potato Chip Company, 823 Bowman St, ☎ +1 419 529-9424, toll-free: +1-800-466-9424, fax: +1 419 529-6789, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Family made since 1945 by the Jones family. The Jones Potato Chip Company and retail store are located at the same address. The chips can be bought at any local grocery store or supermarket, where potato chips are sold.
- KritterMall (KritterMall). Buy Pet Supplies and find a comprehensive list where kids can touch, feed and interact with animals in Ohio. Locations include petting zoos, wildlife safaris, horseback riding, aviaries, working farms, butterfly conservatories and more.
We are an Authorized Petsafe, Innotek and sportDOG Retailer. That means we sell only New products in original packaging, or specially marked refurbished packaging. You can be assured that your purchase will be covered by the full manufacturer's warranty and will be provided with complete customer support.
- Mansfield Antique Show and Flea Market, 750 N. Home Rd, ☎ +1 419 747-3717, fax: +1 419 747-7141. The Mansfield Antique Show and Flea Market is a monthly event that is held from February to November, the last weekend (last Saturday and Sunday) of each month at the Richland County Fairgrounds. For more information contact Kevin Spore at +1 419 756-3904 or Tim Babcock at +1 419 884-3253. Admission is $1 for adults, free for kids age 11 and under.
- Mid-Ohio Made (Mid-Ohio Made), 1356 Lexington Ave, ☎ +1 419 522-2300. Mid-Ohio Made features quality handmade items from Ohio artisans. Their inventory includes food, soap, stationery, pet products, handbags, purses, yarn, books, clothing, and other household items. Come and see the skill that our community artisans put into products that you can get inspired by, give as gifts, and use every day.
- Richland Mall, 2209 Richland Mall, Ontario, Ohio, ☎ +1 419 529-4003, e-mail: email@example.com. Hours are M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 12PM-6PM.
- Buckeye Bakery Inc., 21 E. 4th St (Located in downtown Mansfield in the Historic Carrousel District), ☎ +1 419 522-2341, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours are M-F 5AM-5PM, Sa 5AM-4PM.
- Buckeye Bakery Inc., 866 Ashland Rd, ☎ +1 419 589-5174, e-mail: email@example.com. Hours are M-F 7AM-5PM, Sa 7AM-4PM.
- Schneider's Olde World Bakery, 146 Orange St, ☎ +1 419 522-2212.
- Kroger. Three stores in Mansfield. Ask for discount card.
- Meijer, One store in Ontario at 1355 N. Lexington-Springmill Rd, ☎ +1 419 747-8364. Open 24 hours, seven days a week.. Ask for discount card.
- Walmart Supercenter:
- Asian Buffet, 1296 Lexington Ave (Located at the intersection of Lexington Ave. (US Route 42) and Logan Rd.), ☎ +1 419 774-1689, fax: +1 419 756-5811.
- Athens Greek Restaurant, 41 N. Main St, ☎ +1 419 524-5620. Hours are M-Sa 11AM-8PM.
- City Grille and Bar, 37 E. 4th St (Located downtown in the Historic Carrousel District), ☎ +1 419 709-9199. Hours are Tu-Th 11AM-11PM, F 11AM-1AM, Sa 4PM-1AM, closed Su and M.
- Coney Island Diner, 98 N. Main St (Located downtown in the Historic Carrousel District), ☎ +1 419 526-2669. Hours are M-F 6:30AM-7PM, Sa 6:30AM-4PM, closed Su. Coney Island Diner is Mansfield's oldest restaurant and is famous for it's coneys and pea salad. The downtown eatery has been around since 1936 and has become famous among filmmakers and politicians.
- Coney Island Inn, 20 South Park St (Located downtown on the Square), ☎ +1 419 525-1406. Hours are M-Sa 5:30AM-8:30PM.
- Dairy Land, 800 Springmill St, ☎ +1 419 525-2168. Spring and summer hours are Tu-Su 11AM-10PM from early April to the first of September. Fall hours are Tues-Sun 11AM-9PM from the first of September to the second week of October. Closed for the winter season from mid October to late March or early April. Dairy Land is always closed on Mondays and 4th of July. The drive-in restaurant has been serving Mansfield since 1947 and its menu serves ice cream, sundaes, shakes, sodas (Pepsi products), fries, burgers, hotdogs, coneys, chicken and more. When you arrive at Dairy Land, you just park and one of the servers will help you in taking your order. Before you go, you may want to ask for a menu (a yellow paper menu full of good food and ice creams with prices listed) to take with you so you know what to order on your next visit. They are locally famous for their excellent shredded chicken sandwiches.
- El Campesino Restaurante Mexicano Cantina, 80 W. Hanley Rd, ☎ +1 419 522-7226. Hours are M-Th 11AM-10PM, Fri 11AM-10:30PM, Sa Noon-10:30PM, Su 11AM-9PM. This Mexican restaurant with the best combination platters around is known for their fajitas, quesadillas, enchiladas, tacos, burritos and much more. El Campesino also has a full bar that serves Margaritas,flavored margaritas and daiquiris, domestic and Mexican beer, wine, and mixed drinks.
- Fork & Fingers Fine Mexican Food, 54 Park Ave. West (Located in downtown Mansfield at the intersection of Park Ave. West and N. Mulberry St.), ☎ +1 419 526-2321.
- Mansfield Restaurant, Southside, 948 S. Main St (Located on the southwest corner of S. Main St. and W. Cook Rd.), ☎ +1 419 756-0479. Hours are M-Sa 5:30AM-8:30PM and Su 6:30AM-2:30PM.
- Mansfield Restaurant, Westside, 1090 Park Ave West, ☎ +1 419 529-8238. Hours are M-Sa 5:30AM-8:30PM and Su 6:30AM-2:30PM.
- Rancho Fiesta Mexican Grill & Cantina, 1360 S. Trimble Rd (Located near the intersection of S. Trimble Rd. and Lexington Ave. (US Route 42) at the Appleseed Center), ☎ +1 419 989-4674. Rancho Fiesta is a Mexican restaurant that serves authentic Mexican cuisine and cantina.
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar:
- Cornerstone Bar & Grill, 586 Park Ave. E., ☎ +1 419 522-5523. Cornerstone has some of the areas best talented dart throwers. If you want some competition, then this is the place to go, plus they have $1000 Blind draws on a regular basis.
- Fresh Apple Cider This area is to apple cider, what Florida is to orange juice. In the fall, through late spring, fresh squeezed, unadulterated cider flows freely at the local orchards. Some freeze it for year around use. (It only makes it sweeter).
- Lew's Tavern, 1188 Park Ave. E., ☎ +1 419 589-9600. Live music every Wednesday night, D.J. Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, darts every Thursday night.
- Martini's on Main, Taverna e Pizzeria, 108 N. Main St, ☎ +1 419 775-5936, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours are Tu-F 4PM-1AM, Sa 7PM-1AM.
- 42 Motel, 2444 Lexington Ave (Located on US Route 42 (Lexington Avenue) near the signalized intersection of US Route 42 and Hanley Road), ☎ +1 419 884-1315. The motel has 22 rooms/2 floors with a smoke alarm in every room. Room amenities include air conditioning, telephone, free internet access, television/color tv, cable/satellite, coffee maker/complementary coffee, refrigerator, and kitchen/kitchenette. Pets are allowed with a swimming pool located on site.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, 2220 S. Main St, ☎ +1 419 774-1010, fax: +1 419 774-0909.
- Heritage Inn Mansfield, 1017 Koogle Rd, ☎ +1 419 589-3333, fax: +1 419 589-3333.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Mansfield-Conference Center, 116 Park Ave. West, ☎ +1 419 525-6000, fax: +1 419 525-0197.
- Mansfield Inn, 880 Laver Rd (Located on Laver Rd. at the junction of US Route 30), ☎ +1 419 589-2200, fax: +1 419 589-5624.
- Merit Inn, 137 Park Ave. West (Located in downtown Mansfield across from The Renaissance), ☎ +1 419 522-5142, fax: +1 567-247-1373, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Quality Inn & Suites, 500 N. Trimble Rd, ☎ +1 419 529-1000, fax: +1 419 529-2953. 114 rooms, centrally located.
Dial 911 from any telephone for emergency police, medical, and fire services.
- United States Post Office, Main Office, 200 N. Diamond St, ☎ +1 419 755-4621, fax: +1 419 755-4610. M-F 7:30AM-6PM; Sa 9AM-1PM. Package and shipping price varies.
- Madison Fitness Center, 926 Ashland Rd, ☎ +1 419 589-1234.
- Mansfield Area YMCA, 750 Scholl Rd, ☎ +1 419 522-3511, fax: +1 419 525-3009. Hours are M-Th 4AM-11PM, F 4AM-9PM, Sa 6AM-6PM, Su 8AM-5PM.
- MedCentral Health & Fitness Center, 1750 W. 4th St, ☎ +1 419 526-8900. Hours are M-W 5:30AM-9:30PM, Th 5:30AM-9PM, F 5:30AM-8:30PM, Sa 7AM-4PM, Su 10AM-4PM.
- Planet Fitness, 2155 Village Mall Dr., Ontario, Ohio, ☎ +1 419 709-8194. Open and staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Brass Hanger Cleaners, Two locations in Mansfield at:
- 366 Ashland Rd., Tel: +1 419-526-2733.
- 1351 Lexington Ave., Tel: +1 419-756-1802.
- 2232 Stumbo Rd., Ontario, Ohio, Tel: +1 419-529-5256.
- Clean Jeans, 225 Ashland Rd, ☎ +1 419 522-9109.
- Colonial Coin Laundry, 190 Marion Ave, ☎ +1 419 522-7600.
- Gerber Cleaners, 162 S. Main St, ☎ +1 419 522-3901. Hours are M-F 6:30AM-5:30PM, Sa 7AM-12PM (noon).
- Heatherwood Coin Laundry & Dry, 787 Laver Rd, ☎ +1 419 589-7600.
- Hilltop Coin Laundry, 709 Ashland Rd, ☎ +1 419 522-5055.
- Kimmel Corporation, 36 Brookwood Way N., ☎ +1 419 529-8000.
- Park Avenue West Cleaners, 518 Park Ave. West, ☎ +1 419 522-8438.
- Sunlite Laundry & Tannery, 1081 W. Longview Ave, ☎ +1 419 747-4500.
- Swan Cleaners, 165 Park Ave. West, ☎ +1 419 524-2611, fax: +1 419 525-4879, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours are M-F 7:30AM-5:30PM, Sa 8AM-12PM (noon). Pick up and drop off only.
- Wash N Wear Laundry, 199 Glessner Ave, ☎ +1 419 526-1044.
- Mansfield/Richland County Public Library, Main Branch, 43 W. 3rd St, ☎ +1 419 521-3100. M-Th 9AM-9PM; F-Sa 9AM-5:30PM; Su 1PM-5PM. The main branch of the Mansfield/Richland County Public Library offers free internet access, although you may have to obtain a library card first.
- The Mansfield News Journal is the only daily newspaper published in the Mansfield area.
- Canton is about 1 hour and 15 minutes east on U.S. Route 30.
- Cleveland is about 1 hour and 25 minutes northeast on I-71.
- Columbus is about an hour southwest on I-71.
- Cincinnati is about 2 hours and 50 minutes southwest on I-71.
- Lexington is a rual village about 7 miles southwest of downtown Mansfield on U.S. Route 42.
- Ontario is a suburban city west of Mansfield. It is a major regional retail hub with a shopping mall serving the entire North-Central Ohio area.
- Amish Country centered in Holmes County to the southeast of Richland County on Ohio State Route 39.
- Malabar Farm State Park located near Lucas, Ohio is a former Louis Bromfield estate. It includes the "Big" house, Ceely Rose house (site of the reputed triple murder), Welcome Center, Olivet Cemetery where Bromfield and his family are interned, and Malabar Farm Restaurant a restored "stagecoach" inn built in 1820 is also located within the park.
- Mohican Resort & Conference Center located in southern Ashland County is surrounded by 6,000 acres of Mohican State Forest and borders Pleasant Hill Lake. Hiking, swimming and boating are nearby. 96 recently renovated guest rooms offering a private balcony. The dining room is also open Sundays with a great buffet for $12.95. A Ohio Department of Natural Resources facility.
|Routes through Mansfield|
|Cleveland ← Ashland ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Worthington → Columbus|
|Lima ← Ontario ←||W E||→ Wooster → Canton|
|Ends at ← Shelby ←||NW SE||→ Loudonville → Dover|
|Lima ← Ontario ←||W E||→ END|