Mandaluyong City is a city in Metro Manila, Philippines. Among the metropolitan areas in the world, it is the 18th largest. Its total land area is 1,124.97 hectares. The city of Mandaluyong is home to several shopping and entertainment districts. It is among the newest commercial destinations in the Philippines.
Buses and jeepney can get you into Mandaluyong, with buses mostly plying the main thoroughfare of EDSA.
For the tourist however, the easiest way to get to Mandaluyong would be via taxi or the MRT stations (Ortigas, Shaw, Boni) that run across it.
If you need to use public transportation try sakay.ph, it will show you the right type to your destination.
jot losa shop
- Forum Robinsons. This Robinson's mall (part of a chain of malls around the country) is located very conveniently right next to an MRT station and GO hotel. Malls in the Philippines will usually have anything a traveler needs, from groceries to pharmacies and even cinemas.
- Shangri-la Plaza, EDSA corner Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City, ☎ (632) 633-7851. The Shangri-La Mall is located right across EDSA Shangri-la hotel, making it convenient for any traveller staying there. Aside from all the amenities (restaurants, grocery, electronics, etc.) a shopping mall has, it also features a connecting bridge to the MRT for those that want to take mass transit. The mall's cinema occasionally features foreign film festivals.
- Galileo Enoteca, Ground Floor, Reyes Gym Calbayog corner Malinao Streets Mandaluyong City, ☎ 532-0482. A charming Italian Enoteca or wine bar/deli that is tucked away in the heart of Mandaluyong. A rane of Italian pastas, sausaes, and cheese await you if you can find it! (best use a taxi). Roughly PhP200 per person
- Bacolod Chicken Inasal, Level 2, Forum Robinsons. Get some tasty Chicken Inasal (Chicken barbecue with a Bacolod marinade)and other grilled food here for PhP50-100 per person.
- Tokyo Tokyo. A popular local Japanese fastfood chain. Don't expect fine dining, but for Php100-200 per person you can get a complete bento meal. Branches can be found all over Metro Manila, but in Mandaluyong you can find it in Shangri-La Plaza and Forum Robninsons.
- New Horizon Hotel Manila, 778 Boni Ave., cor EDSA, ☎ (632) 532-3021, fax: (632) 532-3021. Air-conditioned rooms equipped with cable television, mini-bar and private toilet and bath. The hotel has a business center, spa services, and Wi-Fi connection. start at US$65.
- BSA Twin Towers, Ortigas Bank Drive cor. Julia Vargas (located within St. Francis Square, conveniently proximate to the business and commercial district of Ortigas Center.), ☎ 6321010 loc 447. All rooms equipped with electric door lock system, fully equipped kitchen and dining area, pillow menu, cable TV, DVD player, IDD/ NDD phone and broadband internet access. start at 3,499.00 PHP.
- The Legend Villas, 60 Pioneer corner Madison Streets, ☎ (632)633-1501 to 10. It offers 125 comfortable rooms, all equipped with air-conditioning, cable TV, a mini-bar, telephone, and working table. It also has a swimming pool with jacuzzi, a business center, a gym, and an in-house restaurant.
- Lancaster Hotels Manila. Shaw Boulevard cor. Samat Street. The hotel offers stylishly furnished suites, each with a private kitchen, a rooftop pool, restaurant, and bar, as well as function rooms.
- Go Hotels, Upper Ground, Robinsons Cybergate Plaza EDSA corner Pioneer St (next to a Robinson's Mall and the MRT Pioneer station). Taking its cue from regional competitor Tune Hotels, GO hotels offer beds and showers with minimal fringe benefits.
- Shangri-la EDSA, 1 Garden Way Ortigas Centre (next to Shangri-la Mall and an MRT station), ☎ (63 2) 633 8888. A 5 star Shangri-la hotel adjoining the high-end Shangri-la Plaza Mall rates start at roughly US$125.
- Crossroads Hostel Manila, 76 Mariveles St. Mandaluyong City (couple of minutes walk from the Shaw Boulevard MRT station), ☎ (63 2) 514 0660. Check-out: 12nn. Backpacker's hostel conveniently located 5 minutes' walk from the Ortigas Business District. rates start at roughly PHP500 (roughly $12).