- By air
Although, Anahawan Airport is within the city limit, the airport is not operating commercial flights. The only means of transportation is by bus or Van from Tacloban City where there is commercial flights available from Manila and Cebu City. PAL Express part of Philippines Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Air Asia.
- By ferry
Cebu to Maasin by Cokaliong ferry. http://www.cokaliongshipping.com/schedules&rates.html#cebu_maasin_cebu there is also a ferry going to and from Ubay on Bohol Island.
- By bus
There is direct bus trips from Manila at the Ali Mall terminal in Cubao, Quezon City and Pasay City. Coming from Mindanao cities such Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Zamboanga and etcetera, travelers should drop at Silago Ferry terminal in Silago, Southern Leyte and connect by bus to Maasin City. There is bus connection between Maasin City and Bato, Baybay, Ormoc City. From Bato there are buses going to Sogod.
- By van
There are vans-for-hire in Maasin City to any nearby destination.
- By jeepney
Jeepneys connect the capital to outlying towns of Southern Leyte.
- Busay Falls
- Guinsohotan Falls
- Maasin Cathedral
- Monte Cueva Shrine
- Bogo Bird Paradise
- Metro Gaisano. (next to Maasin bus Terminal.). 10.00-20.00.
- Prince warehouse club., Bantug street., ☎ +63 53-570-8008. 09.00-20.00.
- Jollibee, R kangleon street. 7am-10pm. Has breakfasts from 07.00-11.00am.
- GV Hotel, T Opus Street. (the Maasin port is behide the GV hotel.), ☎ +63 53-5708481. clean fan/a/c double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. the GV Hotel Maasin has 43 rooms. there is also a GV hotel in Sogod which has 27 rooms with rates from php350 a night. php350/550/780.
- Ampil pensionne., tomas oppus street, ☎ 570-8084. fan single. fan double. a/c double. php/150/300/450..
- Southern comfort pensionne., demetrio street., ☎ 570-8514. a/c single/double of different sizes all with own bathrooms and cable TV. php500/700.