Luna Pier is a small city in Monroe County.
Established in 1926 as Lakewood, Luna Pier was generally considered as the best spot to dance under the stars, even over water! It thrived as a mecca for dancers in the Roaring '20s and through much of the Depression. It was incorporated as a city in 1963. Luna Pier functions as a resort for people living in the Toledo, Ohio and the Metro Detroit areas. Tourists who visit it are typically interested in fishing, its public beach, bike trails, a public boat ramp, marinas, ball fields, lake-front scenery, and small-town atmosphere. Whether it's one, a few, or all of these interests that you have, you're in luck!
- Luna Pier Bootleggers & Blues Festival. Every third weekend in July. Founded in 2011, this blues music, arts, and community festival was created in a partnership with the Monroe County Convention & Tourism Bureau to promote Luna Pier and support its economic growth and development.
- Beef Jerky Unlimited, 10552 Evans Drive, ☎ +1 734 848-9905.
- Chateau Louise, 4320 Luna Pier Rd., ☎ +1 734 848-4758. Dating from the era of Prohibition, this Chateau has wall-to-wall decorations for even the most minor holidays.
- Gander's Family Restaurant, 4219 Luna Pier Rd., ☎ +1 734 848-8913. Quite popular with truckers.
- Cruiser's Carhop, 10552 Evans Dr. #11, ☎ +1 734 652-5597. One of the various side dishes is deep-fried macaroni and cheese.
- Roma's Pizza, 10552 Evans Dr. #3, ☎ +1 734 848-8888. A popular parlor for dine-in, pick-up, or local delivery.
- Luna Pier Police Department, 4345 Buckeye Street.
|Routes through Luna Pier|
|Detroit ← Monroe ←||N S||→ Erie → Toledo|