Lower Austria (Niederösterreich) — as the name implies — is a state of Austria.
- Retzer Land — a small wine region
- Wachau — inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2000 with the towns Melk, Spitz, Dürnstein and Krems
- Mostviertel is a hilly region of Austria with lots of beautiful countryside. Is especially pretty in mid April when trees bloom. ´Most´ is a form of cider that is grown here from pears and apples.
- St. Pölten — the capital of Lower Austria, though that title historically belonged to Vienna
- Baden (Austria)
- Waidhofen an der Ybbs
- Wiener Neustadt
- Semmering — the best known alpine resort in eastern Austria and the closest to Vienna