Loket is a very picturesque village surrounded by a curve in the Ohře River.
The bus from Karlovy Vary provides a very beautiful scenic view of the town. There are 7 departures per day during the week, taking 20 minutes and costing 20Kc.
You can also walk along a marked trail from Karlovy Vary, 17km away.
The town is tiny and can easily be covered on foot.
- Loket Castle (Hrad Loket). April–October 9:00-17:00, November–March 9:00-16:00. Built in the late 14th century. Used as a prison from 1788 to 1947. Restored in the 1970's. 90Kc.
- Black Gate Tower (Černá Věž). Includes small art gallery and wine shop. Fantastic views. 15Kc.
- Bookbinding Museum, Town Hall. 10:00-13:00, 14:00-18:00. 35Kc.
- Rafting Trips.
- Rafting Ohre. Rafting trips and boat rental. 2-person canoes: 500Kc to 750Kc; 4-person boats: 1,200Kc to 2,400Kc.
- Loket Summer Cultural Festival. End of July. Opera performances.
Loket is famous for its porcelain and there are several crafts shops in town.
- Ceska Sporitelna. Features and ATM and money exchange.
- Pizzeria na Ruzka, TG Masaryka & Kostelni. Wood-fired oven pizza. 110Kc.
- U Sejk, TG Masaryka 115. Hearty Czech food. 140Kc.
- Lazy River Hostel, Kostelni 61 (Very close to the castle.), ☎ +420 352-684-587, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 12-bed . Very homely place. Dorm bed: 10 Euro.
- Pension Hala, TG Masaryka 115 (In the main square). 400Kc, including breakfast.
- Pension Ulrika (In the main square). 4 rooms. 500Kc, including breakfast.
- Hotel Bily Kun, TG Masaryka 8. Terrace overlooking the river. Single: 900Kc; Double: 1,200 Kc, breakfast included.
- Hotel Císař Ferdinad, T.G.Masaryka 136, ☎ +420 352 327 130. Single: 1,050Kc; Double: 1,850Kc.
- Hotel St. Florian, T.G.Masaryka 70, ☎ +420 352 685 109. Single: 1,050Kc; Double: 1,850Kc.
- Infocentrum, TG Masaryka 12. January–March: Tuesday-Saturday 10:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00; April–December: Monday-Sunday 10:00-12:00, 13:-17:00. Tourist Information. Internet access available. Internet access: 40Kc per hour.