Livermore is a suburban city in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area. Like its neighbor Pleasanton, it lies over the East Bay foothills in the Tri-Valley region, but just west of the Altamont Pass, which separates the Tri-Valley region from the vast San Joaquin Valley.
Livermore has at least one claim to fame: it is home to the longest burning incandescent light bulb in the world. A light bulb that was installed at a local firehouse over 100 years ago is still burning today.
|Daily highs (°F)||56||61||66||71||77||83||89||88||86||77||64||56|
|Nightly lows (°F)||39||42||44||46||50||54||57||57||55||50||43||39|
Data from NOAA (1981-2010)
Interstate 580 is the city's main highway. Livermore is just a short drive from the center of the Bay Area.
The nearest BART station is in Dublin/Pleasanton (you will need to take WHEELS bus to get there). Visit the BART website for train details.
There is also a train station for the Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) train in Livermore. The train takes you to Fremont and San Jose, or to Stockton.
Livermore has a general aviation airport
Wheels is the local bus service that will take you to Pleasanton and Dublin.
The Livermore Valley, which contains many wineries including the famous Wente Vineyards, is considered "wine country", and produces some of California's best wines. Visit the Livermore Valley Wine Growers for more information.
- Altamont Raceway. Where the infamous Altamont concert took place, is also located in the city.
- Lake Del Valle. This park is ideal for picnicking, horseback riding, boating, fishing and swimming. Lake Del Valle is in Central Alameda County, about five miles south of the City of Livermore in the Arroya del Valle. The park is on Del Valle Road, just a few miles south of Interstate 580 in Livermore.
- Livermore Valley Opera. Stages fall and spring productions of famous operas each year.
- California Independent Film Festival. Held annually at venues across Livermore.
- Boomers. A theme park with go-carts, miniature golf and arcades.
- Donut Wheel, 2017 First St, ☎ +1 925 447-8190. One of the few places in town open 24 hours. On the corner of First and L Streets, this Livermore staple marks the west entrance to the main downtown area.
- Panama Bay Coffee Co., 2115 First St, ☎ +1 925 245-1700. Has the best coffee in town.
- Hawthorn Suites Livermore Wine Country, 1700 N. Livermore Ave, ☎ +1 925 606-6060, fax: +1 925 606-8050. Complimentary full hot breakfast buffet and free high-speed wireless and DSL internet service.
- Hampton Inn Livermore Pleasanton Dublin CA, ☎ +1 925 606-6400, fax: +1 925 606-6410. 2850 livermore. Breakfast, swimming pool, and high-speed Internet access.
- ExtendedStay America, 2380 Nissen Dr, ☎ +1 925 373-1700, fax: +1 925 373-1710.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites, 7700 Southfront Rd, ☎ +1 925 373-9600. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
|Routes through Livermore|
|Oakland ← Dublin/Pleasanton ←||W E||→ Tracy → Ends at|