Leicestershire is a county in the East Midlands region of England, part of the United Kingdom. Its traditional capital is the county city of Leicester, though this is now administered as a unitary authority separate from the rest of the county. Leicestershire is bordered by Lincolnshire, Rutland, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, and Nottinghamshire.
- Appleby Magna
- Barrow upon Soar
- Castle Donington
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
It's helpful if you understand the countryside talk and accent.
The main language in the countryside is English with a lot of local dialect passed through generations of country living people.
English is the main language. In more urban and multicultural areas such as Leicester other languages may be spoken as well, but English is a necessity to get by.
East Midlands Airport is 7 miles north-west of Loughborough on the Derbyshire border at the village of Castle Donington.
Leicester and Castle Donington are well served by national bus companies.
Leicester is on the main London to Leeds line.
Over a thousand bus services connecting all major towns and villages.
- The Moat House Appleby Magna
- Ashby Castle Ashby-de-la-Zouch
- Belvoir Castle near Grantham
- Conkers Ashby-de-la-Zouch
- Grantham Canal
- Twycross Zoo Appleby Magna
- Bosworth battlefield north of Hinckley
- National Space Centre Leicester
- Burrough Hill near Melton Mowbray
- Horse Riding
- Fox Hunting
- Bird Watching
At the heart of Stilton cheesemaking and the home of the Melton Mowbray pork pie.
Particularly in Leicester, "Indian" curry houses are very good in the area. All towns and many villages have a fish and chip shop.
- Pubs In Measham are must-sees: on Friday or Saturday nights, they have singing, dancing or just a quiet drink: on Sunday nights, they have posh bands and a quiz.
- The Emporium club in Coalville is famous around the UK. Entry at certain times is often free, but ID is a must to enter.