- By narrow-gauge train from Interlaken Ost station. Eurail and Inter-Rail pass holders should be aware that these passes are not valid for this journey. Holders of Swiss Pass travel free.
- Bike up from Interlaken (See the Do section below)
Lauterbrunnen is a very small village and easy to get around by walking.
- Staubbach Falls:Can be seen from the center of town.
- Trümmelbach Falls: 3 km behind Lauterbrunnen are the famous Trümmelbach glacier water falls . Bus from Lauterbrunnen for Sfr3. Open April-November. Entrance fee Sfr12 (US dollars, pounds, and euros accepted).
The Lauterbrunnen area is famous for mountainbiking. Rent an Interlaken bike (for eg, there's a rental store at the West station) and ride to the end of the valley the place calls Stechelberg. For sFR.20.- take your bike in the gondula up to Mürren. From Mürren follow the red bike trail signs to Winteregg. Its a easy trail for everybody not much up hill. From Winteregg enjoy a fast downhill to Isenfluh or back to Lauterbrunnen. This tour can also easy be started in Interlaken: it's only 45 minutes more biking and the round trip from Interlaken needs 3-5 hours. Get your great quality bike maps and all information at rental places in Interlaken.
- . Hike up to Wengwald by walking up the trail starting beside the townhall. Cross the river and follow the signs to Wengen until you see a sign pointing towards Wengwald. Hike up this way until you get great views of the Lauterbrunnen valley. Takes only 1.5-2 hours if going slowly.
Swiss chocolate, made fresh in the shops as you sit and drink coffee.
- . Hotel Oberland has great food at reasonable prices for Switzerland. Try the Rosti, a traditionally Swiss dish.
- Valley Hostel, ☎ +41 33 855 20 08, fax: +41 33 855 20 08, e-mail: email@example.com. Tel &, . Cheap, homely and the hosts are sound. Set in the heart of the Valley, just up the road from the train station and minutes from Staubbach Falls. Dorm: CHF 25 (bargain).
Cities close by include: