Laurel is very easy to get to by car, as US-1 passes directly through its center, and to the east and west are I-95 and MD-295 (the Baltimore-Washington Pkwy). From either highway, take MD-198 (exit 33 off I-95) to go east-west into Laurel.
Laurel is quite close to Baltimore-Washington International Airport—just about a 25 minute drive along the B-W Pkwy.
Laurel has its own stops on the Marc Light Commuter Rail Camden Line at Laurel and Laurel Racetrack Marc.
- Fairland Regional Park, 13950 Old Gunpowder Rd, ☎ +1 301-699-CALL (2255). Sports complex, tennis bubble and skating rink. If that's not enough, they have a "stormwater management demonstration project area". Bring the kids!
- Montpelier Mansion
- National Wildlife Visitor Center, Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
- Laurel Museum, 817 Main St, ☎ +1 301-725-7975. W, F 10AM-2PM, Su 1-4PM. free.
- Pasta Plus, 209 Gorman Ave, ☎ +1 301-498-7878. Near downtown Laurel on the main road between DC and Baltimore. Without question the best authentic Italian food at a decent price in the DC area. Like eating at the owner's kitchen table in Valle San Giovanni Italy. Don't miss.
- Red Hot & Blue, 677 Main St, ☎ +1 301 953-1943. M-Th 11AM-10PM, Sa Noon-11PM, Su Noon-9PM.
- Toucan Taco, 315 Gorman Ave, ☎ +1 301-498-9833. Tu-Th 11AM-9PM, F-Sa 11AM-10PM. The sign outside might say "Toucan Taco", but locals will refer to this as "Tippy's", the name from when it opened in 1972 until 1992. The Chili Con Queso and Sunken Burrito are particular favorites.
- Greene Turtle, 14150 Baltimore Ave, Laurel, ☎ +1 301-317-6650, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remingtons, 3340 Fort Meade Road, Laurel, ☎ +1 301-490-7000. This dive is located on MD Route 198 east of the Baltimore Washington Parkway and has karaoke.
- Quality Inn and Suites, 1 Second St, ☎ +1 301 725-8800, fax: +1 301 725-7874.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Laurel, 13700 Baltimore Ave, ☎ +1 301-498-8900.
|Routes through Laurel|
|Baltimore ← Columbia ←||N S||→ Beltsville → Washington, D.C.|
|Baltimore ← Savage ←||N S||→ Beltsville → Washington, D.C.|
|Baltimore ← Hanover ←||N S||→ Greenbelt → Washington, D.C.|
|Washington, D.C. ← Beltsville ←||SW NE||→ Savage → Baltimore|