Laurel is a small town located in Southern Delaware with a population of somewhere around 10,000 or less.
-While currently lacking any means of mass transit, the town does contain paved roads with approximately 3 stop lights that extend throughout the entire local area, facilitating travel by car or bike to the many points of interest in and around Laurel. -One thing to note while driving through these streets, police officers can be quite irritable and pull you over for minor infractions. You only need to worry about this Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM however, as officers are rarely seen after these hours except for the occasional state trooper.
- Chicken Houses – Laurel, and most of the surrounding area, is home to some of the largest chicken houses in the state. These are a must see! They are also extremely easy to find because along with being pretty much everywhere, if you ever lose your way just simply follow your nose.
- Big sprinklers – Laurel is also home to some of the largest sprinklers most people could imagine. These monstrous things span 200 yards or more covering entire fields. However, don't let the kids go running through them, because it's not just water shooting out of them and when you're driving down the sprawling back country roads, be sure to keep your windows up or you might get wet! Another option that many residences chose is to use these irrigation sprinklers as a free car wash.
- You can also drive through miles and miles of flat but beautiful countryside. Many big woods that always have deer and other animals roaming through (until hunting season begins that is).
- Laurel Little League - Has about ten fields and during seasonal play there are over 6 different age groups that play.
There is officially very little to do in Laurel.
- Domino's Pizza
- RJ’s Restaurant
- The Pit Bar and Grill
- The House
- Hardees (also a big truck stop)
There are no hotels in Laurel, your best bet is to drive north to Seaford.
The historic town of Bethel, Delaware is essentially within the out-skirts of Laurel and hosts a yearly event with tours and a parade through the town.
|Routes through Laurel|
|END ←||W E||→ Lewes → Cape May|
|Dover ← Bridgeville ←||N S||→ Delmar → Salisbury|